Use ASP.Net or ASP.Net Mobile for TabletPC

Steve Brown

9/2/2003 7:25:00 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to create a Web application for TabletPC (wireless) and
desktop PC but don't know which one (ASP.Net or ASP.Net Mobile) to use
for TabletPC.

Thanks in advance

steve

steve

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Mustafa Rabie

TabletPC is just a normal version of windows XP with some additions to
support the pen input etc.
You can use ASP.net you don''t need mobile at all, it''s a normal laptop but
without a hardware keyboard.
Good luck

"Baccarin" <pekus@pekus.com.br> wrote in message
> Steve,
>
> I didn''t test ASP.NET apps using a TabletPC, but I believe that it owns
IE6
> compatible browser, this way you could use a normal ASP.NET apps instead
of
> ASP.NET Mobile Controls.
>
> Baccarin.
>
> "Steve Brown" <stevetiger77@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am planning to create a Web application for TabletPC (wireless) and
> > desktop PC but don''t know which one (ASP.Net or ASP.Net Mobile) to use
> > for TabletPC.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > steve
> >
> > steve
> >
> > *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***
> > Don''t just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

George Birbilis

> TabletPC is just a normal version of windows XP with some additions to
> support the pen input etc.
> You can use ASP.net you don''t need mobile at all, it''s a normal laptop but
> without a hardware keyboard.

btw, lots of TabletPCs I''ve seen have a keyboard and a swivelling screen
that lets them be either used as a laptop or as a drawing tablet

George Birbilis <birbilis@kagi.com>
+ QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
+ Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
+ TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
http://www.kagi.co...
+ Robotics
http://www.mech.upatras.gr...