Chris L.

8/26/2003 3:32:00 AM

As Mike pointed out in an early post, apparently the latest device update
does not supports the Netfront 3.0 browser. This browser is used on the
Sanyo 8100 phone (The Sprint phone with a camera that you see everywhere
these days), among others. Supposedly this browser has been out for 6
months...why is this browser not yet supported? Doesn't make sense when
finally these latest batch of phones are perfect for browsing the web with
your phone.

Thanks for an info,
Chris

1 Answer

Michael

This seems to have been fixed with device update 3.0.
Even though most devices with Netfront 3.0 are not
oficially supported, there is a new entry for the browser
and one device that uses it. You can look in the
DeviceUpdate3.config file to see what the params given to
the Netfront browser are. I added a section for my
Sanyo4900 and so far it seems to work fine.