microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Upgrade .Net Framework 1.0 into 1.1

Saravanan Rathinavelu

7/30/2003 5:11:00 PM

Hello, What's the impact to my existing code written in
1.0, and what's the procedure to migrate to 1.1, can
someone help me in doing so.

The initial development was done using .Net Framework
1.0.3705 and Visual Studio .Net 7.0.9466.

Do i need to upgrade the VS .Net to 2003?.

thanks
-Saravanan.R-
2 Answers

xinhuang

Using a configuration file, your 1.0 app can run on 1.1 framework.

Or you can just build your projects using VS 2003, and the app will run on
1.1 framework only.

For breaking changes between 1.0 and 1.1, as well as other compatibility
information, you can refer to <http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/chang....

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Xin

Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises you to review
the information at the following link regarding Microsoft Security Bulletin
MS03-026 http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms...
and/or to visit Windows Update at http://windowsupdate.mic... to
install the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site
will help to insure you are current with all security patches, not just
MS03-026.

Mandar Samant [MSFT]

Hi

If the you have no breaking changes your v1.0 code will run on v1.1 . You
can also help the runtime by specifying the following on the config file.
The following link has combinations of framework installed on the runtime
m/c and the developer m/c and what should the config file look like.

Checkout
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpcontargetingnetframeworkv...

--

Regards