microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

SQL server does not exist

shane boulder

7/24/2003 2:50:00 PM

I have fixed my last problem but now i have a new one. I
can run certain sample applications but others i get this
message.

HELP PLEASE

Server Error in '/QuickStart/ASPPlus' Application.
----------------------

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
execution of the current web request. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and
where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:
SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

Line 15:
Line 16: DS = New DataSet()

Line 17: MyCommand.Fill(DS, "Titles") //this is
where the error is!!!

Line 18:
Line 19: MyDataList.DataSource = DS.Tables
("Titles").DefaultView

Source File: C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\QuickStart\aspplu
s\samples\webforms\customize\VB\datalist3.aspx Line:
17

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access
denied.]
System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection
(Boolean& isInTransaction) +472

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledCo
nnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean&
isInTransaction) +372
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen
(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState&
originalState) +44
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand
(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
+304
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet,
Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable,
IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet,
String srcTable) +36
ASP.datalist3_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs
E) in C:\Program
Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\QuickStart\aspplu
s\samples\webforms\customize\VB\datalist3.aspx:17

t-alexd

I believe some of the samples require the SQL desktop engine (MSDE). Find this at:

http://www.asp.net/msde/default.aspx?tabindex=0&a...

Alex Davidov

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cp...

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.
--------------------
>From: "shane boulder" <shaneboulder@hotmail.com>
>Sender: "shane boulder" <shaneboulder@hotmail.com>
>Subject: SQL server does not exist
>Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:50:04 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk
>
>I have fixed my last problem but now i have a new one. I
>can run certain sample applications but others i get this
>message.
>
>HELP PLEASE
>
>Server Error in ''/QuickStart/ASPPlus'' Application.
>----------------------
>
>SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
>execution of the current web request. Please review the
>stack trace for more information about the error and
>where it originated in the code.
>
>Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:
>SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
>
>Source Error:
>

>Line 15:
>Line 16: DS = New DataSet()
>
>Line 17: MyCommand.Fill(DS, "Titles") //this is
>where the error is!!!
>
>Line 18:
>Line 19: MyDataList.DataSource = DS.Tables
>("Titles").DefaultView
>

>Source File: C:\Program
>Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\QuickStart\aspplu
>s\samples\webforms\customize\VB\datalist3.aspx Line:
>17
>
>Stack Trace:
>

>[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access
>denied.]
> System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection
>(Boolean& isInTransaction) +472
>
>System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledCo
>nnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean&
>isInTransaction) +372
> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
> System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen
>(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState&
>originalState) +44
> System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand
>(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String
>srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
>+304
> System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet,
>Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable,
>IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +77
> System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet,
>String srcTable) +36
> ASP.datalist3_aspx.Page_Load(Object Sender, EventArgs
>E) in C:\Program
>Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\QuickStart\aspplu
>s\samples\webforms\customize\VB\datalist3.aspx:17

shane boulder

I got it installed and i still get that error.