Tomas Restrepo

7/8/2003 11:35:00 PM

Oliver,

> I've added a web reference to a simple client application in VS.NET. But I
> have to add a soap header to each outgoing request. Does there exist a
> possibility to register an interceptor which adds the soap header???
> Need help. Thanks a lot!

I haven't tried it, but I imagine you can probably do this with a
SoapExtension on the client side. That said, is there any reason why you
can't deal with the standard header support in webservice clients that .NET
provides?

--
Tomas Restrepo
tomasr@mvps.org

2 Answers

oliver.wulff@zurich.ch

What do you mean with standard header support? I quite new to .NET
remoting. Where can I get more information about it.
I'm trying to access a webservice (not .NET) which expects a soap header.

oliver.wulff@zurich.ch

I've just noticed that my soap header doesn't work .NET Framework 1.0. It
seems that .NET does only allow complex types as soap headers.
See following snippet:

C:\dat\berechtigung_are>wsdl Berechtigung_1_0Service.wsdl
Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
[Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 1.0.3705.0]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2001. All rights reserved.

Error: Unable to import binding 'Berechtigung_1_0PortBinding' from
namespace 'ht
tp://xmlbus.com/berechtigung'.
- Unable to import operation 'getOrgEinheit'.
- Type 'string' from namespace 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLS... is not
a complex type and cannot be used as a
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeader.

If you would like more help, please type "wsdl /?".

Is that the problem that I've a soap header of type "string"? Is this
solved in .NET Framework 1.1? Does there exist a workaround?