microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Console Window and CSharp Form

Michel Racicot

7/17/2003 2:51:00 PM

Why do I obtain a console Window in addition to my CSharp Form when I do the
following code:

using System.Windows.Forms;

class MyWindow: Form
{
}

class MyApp
{
static void Main ()
{
Application.Run (new MyWindow ());
}
}

?

5 Answers

Gheorghe Marius

Because the output type of your exe is Console Application instead of
Windows Application. Set it wo Windows Application and the consolw thingie
won''t appear anymore.

Cheers,
Marius.

"Michel Racicot" <michel.racicot@cognicase.ca> wrote in message
> Why do I obtain a console Window in addition to my CSharp Form when I do
the
> following code:
>
> using System.Windows.Forms;
>
> class MyWindow: Form
> {
> }
>
> class MyApp
> {
> static void Main ()
> {
> Application.Run (new MyWindow ());
> }
> }
>
> ?

Jon Skeet

Michel Racicot <michel.racicot@cognicase.ca> wrote:
> Why do I obtain a console Window in addition to my CSharp Form when I do the
> following code:
>
> using System.Windows.Forms;
>
> class MyWindow: Form
> {
> }
>
> class MyApp
> {
> static void Main ()
> {
> Application.Run (new MyWindow ());
> }
> }

Make the project type a console application instead of a Windows
application and you''ll get both.

--
Jon Skeet - <skeet@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.c...

Michel Racicot

Thank you a lot for the quick answer!

"Gheorghe Marius" <cghostsoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Because the output type of your exe is Console Application instead of
> Windows Application. Set it wo Windows Application and the consolw thingie
> won''t appear anymore.
>
> Cheers,
> Marius.
>

> "Michel Racicot" <michel.racicot@cognicase.ca> wrote in message
> > Why do I obtain a console Window in addition to my CSharp Form when I do
> the
> > following code:
> >
> > using System.Windows.Forms;
> >
> > class MyWindow: Form
> > {
> > }
> >
> > class MyApp
> > {
> > static void Main ()
> > {
> > Application.Run (new MyWindow ());
> > }
> > }
> >
> > ?

Jon Skeet

Jon Skeet <skeet@pobox.com> wrote:
> Michel Racicot <michel.racicot@cognicase.ca> wrote:
> > Why do I obtain a console Window in addition to my CSharp Form when I do the
> > following code:
> >
> > using System.Windows.Forms;
> >
> > class MyWindow: Form
> > {
> > }
> >
> > class MyApp
> > {
> > static void Main ()
> > {
> > Application.Run (new MyWindow ());
> > }
> > }
>
> Make the project type a console application instead of a Windows
> application and you''ll get both.

Apologies - I misread the question, thinking that you *wanted* both a
console and a GUI. Make the project type Win32 Application (or whatever
it''s called - just not Console).

From the command line, you can build with /t:winexe to do the same
thing

--
Jon Skeet - <skeet@pobox.com>
http://www.pobox.c...

kangarooistan

wrote:
> Famous friends to lure tourists to Racist Australia to be abused attacked
> and vilified for fun by Aussie criminals

Famous Australians will be used in a online campaign by Tourism
Australia to
promote the country, with up to 80 video vignettes being uploaded
onto the
internet next week.

Why do they think Facebook will help them abuse innocent tourists ??

Repost this link to ALL your friends.

PLEASE , repost this warning to ALL your friends ASAP , original doc
at:http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcgk9t7p_3...

> help FORCE the police to arrest and jail LJH his socks and his mates ASAP

I look back a few years to see it is INDEED worth the effort

ALL Stored online for when he kills my children he can not pretend
he did not know
at:http://docs.google.com/View?id=dcgk9t7p_3...
Picture
.
List of Jamie Briggs racist mates threatening to kill my children
again in April 2010

Every week I am very impressed to see the number of views increase

Many thanks to all who helped make me consider it worth while
tolerating the endless mindless abuse and death threats to my children
from Jamie Briggs childish racist mates

As the stats PROVE to me I am making a difference , Im very happy
to continue to TRY and save our once beautiful country from the
mindless racist war criminals kid killers and Jamie Briggs other
mates

Kanga
=====
My profile & stats
Picture Mal Fabian
Your 7-day activity
23 discussions started
75 discussions replies
121 direct replies to your messages
3009 views of your messages
8 views of your profile
View your full profile
I look back a few years to see it is INDEED worth the effort
ALL Stored online for when he kills my children he can not pretend he
did not know what his racist kid killer mates were doing
at: http://docs.google.comView?id=dcgk9t7p_3... at:http://
docs.google.com/View?id=dcgk9t7p_366gj49g7dp
.
bobha...@bigpond.com

Email address: Recent Activity:

Muzzie Puke bought to you by Malcom Fabian (kangarooistan).
aus.politics 118 minutes ago
Arselifters FUCK Camels and Donkeys soc.culture.israel 47 hours
ago
About Malcom Fabian (kangarooistan) aus.aviation 3 days ago
Adopted, But Birth father Is Lebanese alt.politics.immigration 3
days ago
About Malcom Fabian (kangarooistan) soc.culture.afghanistan 3
days ago
About Malcom Fabian (kangarooistan) soc.culture.malaysia 4 days
ago
ARSELIFTERS TURNED INTO ANT FOOD! soc.culture.arabic 4 days ago
Muzzie Puke bought to you by Malcom Fabian (kangarooistan).
aus.religion.islam 6 days ago
Muzzie Puke bought to you by Malcom Fabian (kangarooistan).
aus.legal 6 days ago