microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Re: Windows Installer/Setup Projects and Backups

Phil Wilson

7/16/2003 6:08:00 PM

By the time you're in the InstallExecuteSequence, the AppSearch that set the COMPONENTEXISTS1 (or
whatever, just keep the property name uppercase) is complete, and the destination TARGETDIR has been
determined. If your install is removing old files, you might be using the RemovePreviousVersions
property on the project, which is the RemoveExistingProducts action in Windows Installer. If you
look in the InstallExecuteSequence table with Orca, you'll see two actions,
_somehexstring.SetProperty and then _somehexstring (probably after StartServices) for a custom
action with CustomActionData. Move them both, maintaining the order, to before
RemoveExistingProducts by editing the Sequence.
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----