microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Re: debug symbols for .NET framework

jean_stax

7/5/2003 10:49:00 AM

Hi !

Unfortunately, there are no symbols at the following link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downlo...

Can somebody point me, where they can be downloaded ?

Thanks.

"Nick Wienholt" <goyousharks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<O8XlKgTODHA.2256@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> > Are they available from Microsoft's "online symbol server" at
> > http://msdl.microsoft.com/downlo... ??
>
> Yes - they're there for all version.
>
> Nick Wienholt, MVP
> Sydney Deep .NET User Group www.sdnug.org
3 Answers

(Mattias Sjögren)

Jean,

>Unfortunately, there are no symbols at the following link:
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/downlo...
>
>Can somebody point me, where they can be downloaded ?

You can''t download them via a webbrowser if that''s what you tried. See
http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/debugging/s... for details.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sj&#246;gren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.n...

jean_stax

Thanks.
However, the .NET symbols aren''t mention there at all. For download
they are only talking about OS symbols. By the way, they are talking
there about downloading "on demand". Thsose symbols (which I dowloaded
once) are stored later locally ?

Thanks

Mattias Sj&#246;gren <mattias.dont.want.spam@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<O5l##VuQDHA.2036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Jean,
>
> >Unfortunately, there are no symbols at the following link:
> >http://msdn.microsoft.com/downlo...
> >
> >Can somebody point me, where they can be downloaded ?
>
> You can''t download them via a webbrowser if that''s what you tried. See
> http://www.microsoft.com/ddk/debugging/s... for details.
>

> Mattias

Nick Wienholt

> However, the .NET symbols aren''t mention there at all.

They are there - I have really downloaded them. Don''t be the proverbial
horse dying from thirst after being led to water - give the download a go.

> Thsose symbols (which I dowloaded
> once) are stored later locally ?

Yes - I checked my local cache before answering your question the first
time.