microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Item Property not available in ArrayList

sme

7/4/2003 11:26:00 AM

Hi

I just started using Visual Studio.Net Academic Edition.
I want to use an ArrayList, so created an Instance of it,
but the instance doesn't have the Item property.

In every documentation I found the item property, but the
pull down menu when typing my ArrayList. does not show the
item property. So why is it not working?

Thanks for your help

sme
2 Answers

(Mattias Sjögren)

>In every documentation I found the item property, but the
>pull down menu when typing my ArrayList. does not show the
>item property. So why is it not working?

Are you using C#? Default properties such as Item are used with
indexer syntax in C#, i.e.

myArrayList[index] // compiles down to myArrayList.Item(index)

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
http://www.msjogren.n...