need help in building mobile web application

leezard

7/21/2003 10:24:00 AM

I'm trying to develop a web page for both pocket pc and handphone (wap).
I've gone thru some tutorials but just can't figure out the correct way in
doing it. I got this code from a web site

<%@ Page Inherits="System.Mobile.UI.MobilePage">
<%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile" Namespace="System.Mobile.UI">
<Mobile:Form runat="server">
<Mobile:Label runat="server">Hello, World!</Mobile:Label>
</Mobile:Form>

Is it true that all I need to do is just paste this code in a notepad and
save it with a .aspx extension and I'll be able to run the page? I have
visual studio .NET but when i launch the mobile web application project, I
can't seems to find the suitable location to paste the above codes.

I'm new in this area, any one can guide me please?
Thank you in advance.

3 Answers

Snig

"leezard" <leezard@mail.com> wrote in message
> I''m trying to develop a web page for both pocket pc and handphone (wap).
> I''ve gone thru some tutorials but just can''t figure out the correct way in
> doing it. I got this code from a web site
>
> <%@ Page Inherits="System.Mobile.UI.MobilePage">
> <%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile" Namespace="System.Mobile.UI">
> <Mobile:Form runat="server">
> <Mobile:Label runat="server">Hello, World!</Mobile:Label>
> </Mobile:Form>

Paste it in the HTML view page of your .aspx file.

> Is it true that all I need to do is just paste this code in a notepad and
> save it with a .aspx extension and I''ll be able to run the page? I have
> visual studio .NET but when i launch the mobile web application project, I
> can''t seems to find the suitable location to paste the above codes.
>
> I''m new in this area, any one can guide me please?
> Thank you in advance.

leezard

May i know which tag i should put the codes into?
<%@ Page Inherits="System.Mobile.UI.MobilePage">
<%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile" Namespace="System.Mobile.UI">
this should put before the HEAD tag?

<Mobile:Label runat="server">Hello, World!</Mobile:Label>
this should put in the mobile form tag?

thanks again!

"Snig" <snig.bhaumik@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message

> "leezard" <leezard@mail.com> wrote in message
> > I''m trying to develop a web page for both pocket pc and handphone (wap).
> > I''ve gone thru some tutorials but just can''t figure out the correct way
in
> > doing it. I got this code from a web site
> >
> > <%@ Page Inherits="System.Mobile.UI.MobilePage">
> > <%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile" Namespace="System.Mobile.UI">
> > <Mobile:Form runat="server">
> > <Mobile:Label runat="server">Hello, World!</Mobile:Label>
> > </Mobile:Form>
>
> Paste it in the HTML view page of your .aspx file.
>
> > Is it true that all I need to do is just paste this code in a notepad
and
> > save it with a .aspx extension and I''ll be able to run the page? I have
> > visual studio .NET but when i launch the mobile web application project,
> > can''t seems to find the suitable location to paste the above codes.
> >
> > I''m new in this area, any one can guide me please?
> > Thank you in advance.

leezard

I''ve figured out. Thanks for all the help!!!