RE: Rendering character entities

earlb

7/14/2003 7:34:00 PM

Hi Erik,

Where are your character entities being messed up at? What device are you
seeing this on? Does this happen in the IDE?
Please give me some more information about the problem to work with.

Thanks,
Earl Beaman
Microsoft, ASP.NET

This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

2 Answers

Erik van Berkel

Hi Earl,

In my aspx file I use the character entity  () which
ends up in the HTML output as a character which is displayed as a box. The
entity is being displayed as a box in the IDE too, but that''s actually
correct because it''s an "I-mode only" character.

Thanks,

Erik

"Earl Beaman[MS]" <earlb@onlinemicrosoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Erik,
>
> Where are your character entities being messed up at? What device are you
> seeing this on? Does this happen in the IDE?
> Please give me some more information about the problem to work with.
>
> Thanks,
> Earl Beaman
> Microsoft, ASP.NET
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.

earlb

Hi Erik,

What is the device? Japanese phone?
The best thing to do is to take a netmon trace of the request (from the
server), and see if what is sent to the client is still the character
entity or if it is mangled during transmission. This will determine
whether the problem is server or client based.

Thanks,
Earl