Vijooo

7/2/2003 6:13:00 AM

Hi

How can we write a WML file from MMIT?

Actually i used Mobile Web Application in VS.NET 2003 to create a
MobileForm.
It works fine in Internet Explorer. But if i call the same URL from a
Openwave
Mobile Browser, i get an error message saying that "UnSupoported Content
Type."

Is there anyway by which i can write WML files without using VS.NET?
If i do so, is that worth doing?

THX in advance

Cordially
Vijooo

4 Answers

Baccarin

Vijooo,

> How can we write a WML file from MMIT?

I can be wrong, but you don?t need to do anything to use MIT pages in WML
browser/phones, and you don?t need to write your ?own WML?. ASP.NET Mobile
runtimes have the capability of identify the current request browser and
then to generate the correct markup language (WML/HTML/cHTML).

> ... But if i call the same URL from a Openwave
> Mobile Browser, i get an error message saying that "UnSupoported Content
> Type."

You could try to verify if ASP.NET Mobile runtimes is installed correctly in
your IIS server.

Regards,

Baccarin.

"Vijooo" <vijooo@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Hi
>
> How can we write a WML file from MMIT?
>
> Actually i used Mobile Web Application in VS.NET 2003 to create a
> MobileForm.
> It works fine in Internet Explorer. But if i call the same URL from a
> Openwave
> Mobile Browser, i get an error message saying that "UnSupoported Content
> Type."
>
> Is there anyway by which i can write WML files without using VS.NET?
> If i do so, is that worth doing?
>
> THX in advance
>
> Cordially
> Vijooo

Shawn Jackson

Hi Bacarin

Thanks for your resposne. It really helped me a lot.
As you said the problem is with ASP.NET Mobile controls.
Now everything works fine.

And i need a tiny help from you again. I have done the
Mobile Pages and now i need to test it in the real internet
world. Is there any Free WAP Servers available in this
world to do the testing?

THX a million.

Cordially
Vijooo

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***
Don''t just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

EricVDB

What did you do in order to get it working ?

Thanks - Eric

"vijooo k" <anonymous@devdex.com> wrote in message

> Hi Bacarin
>
> Thanks for your resposne. It really helped me a lot.
> As you said the problem is with ASP.NET Mobile controls.
> Now everything works fine.
>
> And i need a tiny help from you again. I have done the
> Mobile Pages and now i need to test it in the real internet
> world. Is there any Free WAP Servers available in this
> world to do the testing?
>

> THX a million.
>
> Cordially
> Vijooo
>

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***
> Don''t just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

vijooo k

Hi

Normally MMIT returns the appropriate file type for the
respective Browsers from which the request has been
initiated. So no problem, if u r working with MMIT.

But if you want to an aspx file to return a WML file,
Then you will have to follow thiss....

'''' WML Code starts here..

<%@ Page Language=VB%>
<%
response.ContentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" '' content type
response.write("<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""ISO-8859-1""?>")

Dim mstrReturnMesssage as String

Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)

mstrReturnMesssage = request.QueryString("ret")
End Sub

%>

<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml...
<wml>
<card id="ReturnMessage">
<%=mstrReturnMesssage%>