Re: Keyword "with"

John Johnson

7/16/2003 2:57:00 PM

on 7/16/03 10:47 AM, Peter Hickman at peter@semantico.com wrote:
> All I ask it that the request adds functionality to the language and not
> sugar. 'with', 'x++', 'elseif', 'new' and the rest are just plain sugar.

A little sugar isn't so bad, after all, this isn't RubyAtkins :-)
An example of good sugar: All the methods in Kernel don't have to
be preceeded by Kernel..

--
Regards,
JJ

Be Kind, Be Careful, Be Yourself

1 Answer

Hal E. Fulton

> > All I ask it that the request adds functionality to the language and not
> > sugar. ''with'', ''x++'', ''elseif'', ''new'' and the rest are just plain sugar.
>
> A little sugar isn''t so bad, after all, this isn''t RubyAtkins :-)
> An example of good sugar: All the methods in Kernel don''t have to
> be preceeded by Kernel..

Hmm, is that sugar? I thought it was because the
top level is in the scope of Object, and Object
mixes in Kernel. Maybe I''m overlooking something.

Hal

--
Hal Fulton
hal9000@hypermetrics.com