Seattle.rbbq 2003-07-26!! (corrected

Ryan Davis

7/15/2003 7:48:00 AM

[got the date below wrong--copy&paste bug]

Announcing the Second Seattle.rbbq!

Who : Seattle.rb members, PDX.rb members and the (semi)local ruby
curious
What : BBQ and Seattle.rb meeting
When : 2003-07-26, 5pm - whenever
Where: My place, on capitol hill, seattle. RSVP for address and
directions.
BBQ officially starts at 5, early arrivals will be penalized
with boring stories and cleanup detail. :)
Why : Because it's warm out?

Agenda:

+ http://www.zenspider.com/...
+ Beginner Track: TBA
+ Advanced Track: Dave Thomas!!! (hopefully--still working out details
w/ Dave)
+ Hacking Track : Free for all unless someone has something specific

Fixin's:

+ Chicken breasts - TheBestChickenInTheWorld (tm)
+ Andouille Sausage & others
+ Burgers if ppl show interest
+ Other side dishes?
+ Salad?
+ Liquid? (no alcohol please)
+ Requests?
+ I could use some volunteers and/or suggestions for side dishes and
liquids...

Also:

+ RSVP __required__ so I can figure out how much to cook and keep from
broadcasting my address.
+ Feel free to bring a dish or chips or something...
+ Let me know and I'll try to coordinate so we don't wind up w/ 14
things of chips.
+ I've got a wireless setup so bring your laptops and wireless cards!
+ I don't read ruby-talk, so please email directly.
+ I have a cat. Let me know if you are allergic and I'll try to clean
up flat surfaces more.

Join the mailing list or check the website for updates:

http://www.zenspider.com/...

2 Answers

Angela Gupta

In article <fkn8ta0mv0@drn.newsguy.com>, Trudy Johnson says...

>In article <fkmn4g01qos@drn.newsguy.com>, Angela Gupta says...
>>
>>Tom DeWeese of the American Policy Foundation has this to say about pscy
>>programs in the schools: "These psychologically based programs are harming
>>children ... It's mind control from womb to tomb". He is so right.
>>
>Psych programs do not belong in schools at all!
>
>Trudy

No, they don't. As soon as the psychs got into the schools, education in this
country went to hell in a handcart. Children do not need behavior modification,
they do not need mind control, they especially do not need psychiatric drugs.
They need skills like reading, writing, math, English ... you know, the things
that schools are supposed to teach. We need to get the psychs out of the
schools and bring teachers back in.
Angela

Mitch McConnell

On Dec 24, 1:54 pm, Angela Gupta <Angela_mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> In article <fkn8ta0...@drn.newsguy.com>, Trudy Johnson says...
>
> >In article <fkmn4g01...@drn.newsguy.com>, Angela Gupta says...
>
> >>Tom DeWeese of the American Policy Foundation has this to say about pscy
> >>programs in the schools: "These psychologically based programs are harming
> >>children ... It's mind control from womb to tomb". He is so right.
>
> >Psych programs do not belong in schools at all!
>
> >Trudy
>
> No, they don't. As soon as the psychs got into the schools, education in this
> country went to hell in a handcart. Children do not need behavior modification,
> they do not need mind control, they especially do not need psychiatric drugs.
> They need skills like reading, writing, math, English ... you know, the things
> that schools are supposed to teach. We need to get the psychs out of the
> schools and bring teachers back in.
> Angela

The test scores keep going down in relation to the number of psych
programs they introduce!