OSCON report

ptkwt

7/10/2003 7:32:00 PM

Matz's talk "The Power and Philosophy of Ruby " was standing room only
(we definately needed a bigger room). Great talk.

My "Ruby for Perl programmers talk" was pretty full too.

Looking forward to the afternoon sessions.

Phil
4 Answers

Armin Roehrl

> Matz''s talk "The Power and Philosophy of Ruby " was standing room only
> (we definately needed a bigger room). Great talk.
I would love to see these slides online.
:-)

Thanks,
-A.

why the lucky stiff

On Thursday 10 July 2003 02:53 pm, Armin Roehrl wrote:
> I would love to see these slides online.

An amazing and evokative talk. I believe this is the same.

http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/slides/oscon2003/...

_why

Simon Strandgaard

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:03:14 +0900, why the lucky stiff wrote:

> On Thursday 10 July 2003 02:53 pm, Armin Roehrl wrote:
>> I would love to see these slides online.
>
> An amazing and evokative talk. I believe this is the same.
>
> http://www.rubyist.net/~matz/slides/oscon2003/...

I read these slides.. many good points about avoiding stress :-)

Is there more material about comparing language-stress factors ?

--
Simon Strandgaard

djberg96

Lyle Johnson <lyle@users.sourceforge.net> wrote in message news:<3F0F3248.4050200@users.sourceforge.net>...
> Phil Tomson wrote:
>
> > Matz''s talk "The Power and Philosophy of Ruby" was standing room only...
>
> The more I hear, the more envious I am of those of you who got to attend
> OSCON 2003 ;) I was checking out some of the information at O''Reilly''s
> web site and came across this blog entry from Steve Mallett:
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pu...
>
> It sounds like the Ruby track generated a lot of interest, thanks in no
> small part to the work of presenters like Phil, Matz, and all the
> others. Great job, guys!

Very good to hear. I added a bunch of links to his Ruby wiki. :)

Dan