microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

jumper para reiniciar bios Pzbzcqt

gijjwmfp

12/28/2013 10:18:00 PM

4 Answers

Miha Markic

Whops, you are right, I missed the multiuser requirement.
I guess one might use standard thread synchronization to get around this
problem.
--
Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com

"William Vaughn" <billvaNoSPAM@betav.com> wrote in message
> SQL Ce is not a "multiuser" database in the same sense as others
> mentioned. While it can share its data, this is done via replication, not
> managing multiple user access.

Bruce

What about SQL Server 'Express'? Is that multiuser?

"William Vaughn" <billvaNoSPAM@betav.com> wrote in message
> SQL Ce is not a "multiuser" database in the same sense as others
> mentioned. While it can share its data, this is done via replication, not
> managing multiple user access.

> William R. Vaughn
> President and Founder Beta V Corporation
> Author, Mentor, Dad, Grandpa
> Microsoft MVP
> (425) 556-9205 (Pacific time)
> Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
> ____________________________________________________________________________________________
> "Miha Markic" <miha at rthand com> wrote in message
>> SQL Server CE should do just fine.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/compact/ssceove...
>> Or Firebird.
>>
>> --
>> Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
>> RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com
>> Blog: http://cs.rthand.com/blogs/blog_with_...
>>
>> "Bruce" <bvanderw@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> I've finally decided to port a Win32 application written in Delphi to
>>> C#. The program used an embedded database (DBISAM) that handled multiple
>>> users well through file locking, and I'm looking for something similiar
>>> for ADO.NET. I would really prefer not to go client-server. Can anyone
>>> make a recommendation?
>>>
>>> --Bruce

Miha Markic

It is but is not embedded.

--

> What about SQL Server 'Express'? Is that multiuser?

William Vaughn

Yes, SQL Sever Express edition is a true multiuser database. Can it be
included with an application? Well, sort of. It has to be installed by an
Admin as it runs as a service, but yes, this can be used locally or shared
(which I prefer). In any multiuser configuration I think it's best to use a
service-type DBMS as opposed to an old-fashioned file-share database as they
are more reliable, more stable and far more scalable.