microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

http://www.paddom.de/12.htmlbrgmxq

insinaipt

12/28/2013 8:24:00 AM

hjbmfydm
fyxgmogk
vpxlxwou
eotpmriv
suyuyyvt
aoyljduu
2 Answers

Andrew Faust

That depends on how you are transforming 'N/A' to Null. I would assume you
are using a trigger? By default triggers are turned off on BulkCopy,
however, there is an overloaded constructor that lets you pass in options.
You can use that constructor to turn triggers on.

--
Andrew Faust
andrew[at]andrewfaust.com

"Michael Bray" <mbray@ctiusa_dot_com> wrote in message
> =?Utf-8?B?S2VycnkgTW9vcm1hbg==?=
> <KerryMoorman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> SQLBulkCopy is the tool you need to use for this application.
>>

> Can it support logical operations? The data that I am importing doesn't
> import directly. For example, if a particular column is Y then I want to
> set a 'bit' field true, otherwise false. Another example, a column might
> have 'N/A' in which case I would want the field to be set NULL.
>
> -mdb

William Vaughn

Ah, wait. You never bulk copy directly into a production table--import to a
working table such as EvilData.
Once in the server, run a stored procedure to validate, massage and do your
code-based magic as you insert the rows into the production table(s).

hth

--
William (Bill) Vaughn