microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

parajumpers online shop herren Kshienm

pcsgdoch

12/27/2013 4:27:00 PM

11 Answers

Miha Markic

"David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
news:8C6845BE-7A1C-4255-8ADC-F9625CC3D3B5@microsoft.com...
> We are using the MS, not the Oracle connector. Here are the selects that
> are
> failing:
>
> select peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs from reviewcustom
>
> select distinct softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion from reviewcustom
>
> select distinct "Action Items & Disposition" from reviewcustom
>
> The third one causes a prompt which doesn't work as it's an ADO.NET call.

I'd assume quotes are causing problems. Did you try using single quotes or
square brackets instead?

--
Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com

David Thielen

Good catch - the [] solved the third one. The first 2 still no go...

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Cubicle Wars - http://www.windwardr.../film.htm

"Miha Markic" wrote:

> "David Thielen" <thielen@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> > We are using the MS, not the Oracle connector. Here are the selects that
> > are
> > failing:
> >
> > select peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs from reviewcustom
> >
> > select distinct softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion from reviewcustom
> >
> > select distinct "Action Items & Disposition" from reviewcustom
> >
> > The third one causes a prompt which doesn't work as it's an ADO.NET call.
>
> I'd assume quotes are causing problems. Did you try using single quotes or
> square brackets instead?
>
> --
> Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
> RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com
> Blog: http://cs.rthand.com/blogs/blog_with_...

v-wywang

Hello Dave,

Your first 2 select query string seems fine.
I tried it on my Oracle Express 10g machine.

I created the table as below
create table reviewcustom(
softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion Number(8,2),
peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs Number(8,2)
)

Execute the query in .net application as below
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection oc = new
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection();
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand ocd = new
System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand();
ocd.Connection = oc;
ocd.CommandText = @"select peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs from reviewcustom";
// I also tried another query
//ocd.CommandText = @"select distinct softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion from
reviewcustom";
int flg=ocd.ExecuteNonQuery();
Console.WriteLine(flg);
Console.Read();

It works fine. I failed to reproduce the issue. Would you please try the
above method and let me know the result? Does it work fine on your side? I
suspect the column name is not the root accuse of the issue. Is it possible
for you to send me the database files? I will try to repro the issue again.
My alias is v-wywang@microsoft.com

Have a great day,
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

Miha Markic

WenYuan,

I suggest you to obfuscate your e-mail address (they have to be readable to
human though). It is enough if you inject some obvious words, such as
NOSPAM, HATESPAM, etc.
Unless you want spam, of course ;-)

--

"WenYuan Wang [MSFT]" <v-wywang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Dave,
>
> Your first 2 select query string seems fine.
> I tried it on my Oracle Express 10g machine.
>
> I created the table as below
> create table reviewcustom(
> softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion Number(8,2),
> peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs Number(8,2)
> )
>
> Execute the query in .net application as below
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection oc = new
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection();
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand ocd = new
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand();
> ocd.Connection = oc;
> ocd.CommandText = @"select peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs from
> reviewcustom";
> // I also tried another query
> //ocd.CommandText = @"select distinct softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion from
> reviewcustom";
> int flg=ocd.ExecuteNonQuery();
> Console.WriteLine(flg);
> Console.Read();
>
> It works fine. I failed to reproduce the issue. Would you please try the
> above method and let me know the result? Does it work fine on your side? I
> suspect the column name is not the root accuse of the issue. Is it
> possible
> for you to send me the database files? I will try to repro the issue
> again.
> My alias is v-wywang@microsoft.com
>
> Have a great day,
> Best regards,
>
> Wen Yuan
> Microsoft Online Community Support
> rights.

David Thielen

Miha - totally off-topic question for you. Do you know of a website where I
can buy Slovenian pop music CDs for delivery to the US? And if possible pop
music from other countries in the Balkans?

I'm a big Eurovision fan and you cannot find non-American artists here in
the US.

--

"Miha Markic" wrote:

> WenYuan,
>
> I suggest you to obfuscate your e-mail address (they have to be readable to
> human though). It is enough if you inject some obvious words, such as
> NOSPAM, HATESPAM, etc.
> Unless you want spam, of course ;-)
>
> --
> Miha Markic [MVP C#, INETA Country Leader for Slovenia]
> RightHand .NET consulting & development www.rthand.com
> Blog: http://cs.rthand.com/blogs/blog_with_...
>
> "WenYuan Wang [MSFT]" <v-wywang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Dave,
> >
> > Your first 2 select query string seems fine.
> > I tried it on my Oracle Express 10g machine.
> >
> > I created the table as below
> > create table reviewcustom(
> > softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion Number(8,2),
> > peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs Number(8,2)
> > )
> >
> > Execute the query in .net application as below
> > System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection oc = new
> > System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection();
> > System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand ocd = new
> > System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand();
> > ocd.Connection = oc;
> > ocd.CommandText = @"select peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs from
> > reviewcustom";
> > // I also tried another query
> > //ocd.CommandText = @"select distinct softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion from
> > reviewcustom";
> > int flg=ocd.ExecuteNonQuery();
> > Console.WriteLine(flg);
> > Console.Read();
> >
> > It works fine. I failed to reproduce the issue. Would you please try the
> > above method and let me know the result? Does it work fine on your side? I
> > suspect the column name is not the root accuse of the issue. Is it
> > possible
> > for you to send me the database files? I will try to repro the issue
> > again.
> > My alias is v-wywang@microsoft.com
> >
> > Have a great day,
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Wen Yuan
> > Microsoft Online Community Support
> > rights.

David Thielen

I copied and tried this (sorry, I should have done this first) and it works.
Ok, we'll dive into our DB and figure out what is going on. Oracle is
definitely NOT my favorite...

--

"WenYuan Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> Your first 2 select query string seems fine.
> I tried it on my Oracle Express 10g machine.
>
> I created the table as below
> create table reviewcustom(
> softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion Number(8,2),
> peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs Number(8,2)
> )
>
> Execute the query in .net application as below
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection oc = new
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection();
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand ocd = new
> System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand();
> ocd.Connection = oc;
> ocd.CommandText = @"select peerReviewMeetingDurationHrs from reviewcustom";
> // I also tried another query
> //ocd.CommandText = @"select distinct softwareBuildRevisionOrVersion from
> reviewcustom";
> int flg=ocd.ExecuteNonQuery();
> Console.WriteLine(flg);
> Console.Read();
>
> It works fine. I failed to reproduce the issue. Would you please try the
> above method and let me know the result? Does it work fine on your side? I
> suspect the column name is not the root accuse of the issue. Is it possible
> for you to send me the database files? I will try to repro the issue again.
> My alias is v-wywang@microsoft.com
>
> Have a great day,
> Best regards,
>
> Wen Yuan
> Microsoft Online Community Support

Miha Markic

You might have permission problems...

--

>I copied and tried this (sorry, I should have done this first) and it
>works.
> Ok, we'll dive into our DB and figure out what is going on. Oracle is
> definitely NOT my favorite...

v-wywang

Thanks for your advice, Miha.
I will obfuscate it next time. :)

Have a great day,
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

v-wywang

Hello Dave,
Thanks for your reply.

I'm standing by. If there is anything we can help with, please feel free to
let me know.
We are glad to assist you.

Have a great day,
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

David Thielen

The DBA did something and now it's fixed.