microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

louis vuitton outlet online bx38

Katadedajab

12/26/2013 12:28:00 PM

2 Answers

William Vaughn

The latest is "Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th
Edition)" (Addison Wesley).

hth

--
____________________________________
William (Bill) Vaughn

"ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Bill,
> Which book are you speaking about?
>
> Regards
>
> "William Vaughn" <billvaNoSPAM@betav.com> wrote in message
>> Ma,
>> Yes, you can still lock rows on the server if that's what you really
>> need to do. However, as I describe in my book this can be problematic as
>> it might lock out other users for an indefinite period of time. There are
>> ways to manage "pessimistic" locks if you are careful. The technique uses
>> a Transaction instance with the IsolationLevel set to RepeatableRead.
>> Associated with a Command object, this locks the rowset returned by the
>> CommandText until you execute the Commit method of the Transaction
>> instance.
>>
>> hth
>>
>> --
>> ____________________________________
>> William (Bill) Vaughn
>> Author, Mentor, Consultant, Dad, Grandpa
>> Microsoft MVP
>> INETA Speaker
>> www.betav.com
>> www.betav.com/blog/billva
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so that others can benefit.
>> rights.
>> __________________________________
>> Visit www.hitchhikerguides.net to get more information on my latest book:
>> Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server (7th Edition)
>> and Hitchhiker's Guide to SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition (EBook)
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I did some database programming in the past and I always used
>>> database controls which were offered by VB to connect to a database
>>> (Access database). One facility that offered by these controls and I
>>> like it most is the record locking. By record locking, I mean the
>>> capacity of locking a record so it is not edited by two or more user at
>>> the same time.
>>>
>>> I found that this technology is no longer supported in .NET. Am I right?
>>>
>>> If I am wrong, how can I use this control (or similar control) in C#?
>>>
>>> If I am right, how I can develop an application that when a user is
>>> editing a record prevents others from editing the same record?
>>>

>>> Regards

Cor Ligthert [MVP]

ma,

In my opinion is it the best book for Newbie's for ADONET and SQL Server I
have seen so far, it is not theoretical, but focused on practical use.

(I don't get any fee from Bill)

:-)

Cor

"ma" <ma@nowhere.com> schreef in bericht