microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

century21deadwood.com/surprising-mk.html hw16

Katadedajab

12/24/2013 12:25:00 PM

2 Answers

Mark Chambers

> I miss the primary key in your tables?

Hmmm, very strange. When I add the primary key to this example (forget it
the first time - thanks) it works fine. In my own code however the primary
keys are there but it doesn't work. This problem is almost identical to
another one I just found here (by a C# MVP):

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=632312&am...

I'll have to play around with this some more to figure out what's going on.
It seems like there's a possible MSFT bug somewhere.

Mark Chambers

>> I miss the primary key in your tables?
>
> Hmmm, very strange. When I add the primary key to this example (forget it
> the first time - thanks) it works fine. In my own code however the primary
> keys are there but it doesn't work. This problem is almost identical to
> another one I just found here (by a C# MVP):
>
> http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=632312&am...
>
> I'll have to play around with this some more to figure out what's going
> on. It seems like there's a possible MSFT bug somewhere.

Ok, thanks for each of your help. It was the primary key after all. The
designer apparently reset it in one of my tables without my knowledge. None
of these keys have been touched by me in ages however but the designer isn't
always stable and does things like this from time-to-time (as an example,
the forms designer frequently sets "Forms.CancelButton" back to null for no
apparent reason). Anyway, thanks again (appreciated).