microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db

Michael kors outlet store nq85

Katadedajab

12/23/2013 3:47:00 PM

2 Answers

Mike Brind

"Bob Milutinovic" <cognicom@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Oh94ettNIHA.5400@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> "MightyChaffinch" <MightyChaffinch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Bob Milutinovic wrote:
>>>
>>> The INSERT query below works fine when using an archaic ODBC connection
>>> to MS Access, but fails when using an OLEDB connection, returning the
>>> error "Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14' - Syntax error in
>>> INSERT INTO statement." It also works perfectly well when entered
>>> directly into the Query window of MS Access.
>>
>> See this article for an impressive list of reserved words:
>> http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/what-are-reserved-access-odbc-and-sql-server-key...
>>
>> I'd guess that "Position" is a likely culprit.
>>
>> This may also help:
>> http://databases.aspfaq.com/general/why-do-i-get-syntax-error-in-insert-into-statement-with-a...
>
> Many thanks for the heads-up. To confirm your suspicion, I went through
> and enclosed each named field in brackets, and the problem disappeared
> when they were applied to "Position."
>
> Apart from the tunnel vision which usually develops when one's getting
> ever-more frustrated by a problem, what threw me was the fact that the
> connection method determined whether or not the query would work - and the
> list of Keywords on Microsoft's site didn't include "Position."
>
> Column renamed appropriately; thanks again for your help.

Pay special attention to the list of reserved words in the Jet column. Or
learn them all off by heart, and never use any of them anywhere, ever :-)

--
Mike Brind

Bam

>> Bob Milutinovic wrote:
>>>
>>> The INSERT query below works fine when using an archaic ODBC connection
>>> to MS Access, but fails when using an OLEDB connection, returning the
>>> error "Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14' - Syntax error in
>>> INSERT INTO statement." It also works perfectly well when entered
>>> directly into the Query window of MS Access.
>>
>> See this article for an impressive list of reserved words:
>> http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/what-are-reserved-access-odbc-and-sql-server-key...
>>
>> I'd guess that "Position" is a likely culprit.
>>
>> This may also help:
>> http://databases.aspfaq.com/general/why-do-i-get-syntax-error-in-insert-into-statement-with-a...
>
> Many thanks for the heads-up. To confirm your suspicion, I went through
> and enclosed each named field in brackets, and the problem disappeared
> when they were applied to "Position."
>
> Apart from the tunnel vision which usually develops when one's getting
> ever-more frustrated by a problem, what threw me was the fact that the
> connection method determined whether or not the query would work - and the
> list of Keywords on Microsoft's site didn't include "Position."
>
> Column renamed appropriately; thanks again for your help.
>
> - Bob.

when is this future list of reserved words going into effect? I guess I am
actually asking when the new SQL version is going to be released.

TIA