microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript

Putting On A Show Is A True Legacy Of The France Family That Louis Vuitton Bags Uk

carpinteyrokzh

10/15/2013 1:45:00 AM

Top fashion designers go down
By maria puente, usa today

Boldfaced names in fashion are turning up at a massmarket retailer near you and you don't have to be rich, famous or skinny to buy.

Vera wang has hooked up with kohl's;Lela rose is stepping out with payless.Premium jeans kings chip pepper and ralph lauren are doing jcpenney;Cynthia rowley is holding hands with avon.Sarah jessica parker, amanda bynes and venus williams are going steady with steve barry's.Todd oldham will team up with old navy.And alice temperley is flying in from london to airkiss target, the leader in what some in the industry call, without irony, the democratization of fashion.

No longer the exclusive province of celebs and ladieswholunch, bigname designer fashion is becoming affordable for everybody and available at the local mall.

"Fashion isn't a luxury, it's a right,"Declares howard schacter of the steve barry's stores(200 nationwide), repeating the slogan for Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line and Amanda Bynes' dear line, launched earlier this year.Venus williams' activewear line eleven will debut in november. "It's fashion democracy. "

The benefits of"Democracy"Are obvious:The designer gets marketing, manufacturing, distribution and the huge customer base of a bigbox retailer.The retailer gets designer cachet, important for transforming an outdated, or cheapwithoutthechic image.And consumers get runway styles they can afford.

"We have the ability to make shoes at the most affordable prices of anywhere in the world, and we want to marry that with the greatest creativity,"Says matt rubel, ceo of payless, which has nearly 4, 600 stores.

Consumers clearly like the result.Retail sales involved privatelabel branded products;Today it's 53%. "(Retailers)Used to have 20 privatelabel products, now they have 20, but half are designer cobranded,"He says.

All this could have a salutary effect on middleclass wardrobes. "No one has to wear elasticwaist pants ever again,"Says linda wells, [URL=http://le...]Louis Vuitton Bags uk[/URL] editor of allure magazine, who fell in love with what she thought was a couture vera wang skirt that actually came from wang's kohl's line. "Snobbishness in fashion is(Declining);It's not so important to be exclusive.People are mixing expensive and inexpensive, and there's no sense of shame. "

Designers, or some, no longer worry they'll lose their mojo by aiming at the hoi polloi, calculating they can sell both high and lowend.After all, chanel maestro karl lagerfeld and rock royalty stella mccartney designed lines for downmarket retailer h and both continue to be worshiped in the fashion world.

"It's such an exciting thing to do,"Gushes designer lela rose, payless' second"Guest designer" (Laura poretzky was the first).Five of rose's shoes and two handbags debuted in 500 payless stores sept.2;During fashion week she showed her payless designs on the runway with her highend clothing. "To me, there's nothing wrong with making a product i'm proud of and selling it for $25. "

Rose credits target's alliance with fashion designer isaac mizrahi for opening her eyes.Mizrahi's couture career was in decline when he partnered with target. "He resurrected his designer business, became more popular and famous by going lowrent and making it a success,"Npd's cohen says.

Mizrahi hasn't been target's only dance partner:Architect/home designer michael graves was the first(1999)And mossimo was the first fashion designer(2000);Both are still selling at target, which does not go unnoticed in the design world.By the time mizrahi arrived in 2003, plain old target had become chic targ(Fashionmagstyle advertising also helped);Meanwhile, mizrahi continues to sell higherend shoes and apparel apart from target.

Now british fashion princess alice temperley is target's eighth go design partner;Her collection of what target calls"Wearable, functional and feminine"Clothes arrived sept.16 and will be available until Nov.6.The ninth go designer, coming in november, will be erin fetherston, whose clothes have graced anne hathaway, cameron diaz and kirsten dunst.

"We look for emerging designers who can benefit from exposure to a larger audience,"Says target's amy von walter.

For retailers in trouble, hiring a bigname designer can be step one of a rescue plan.The gap announced last week it was hiring fashion/interior designer and tv personality todd oldham, in part to help reverse a sales slump at its old navy stores.

Fashion designer cynthia rowley, who also once partnered with target to produce home accessories, now is creating products for avon first time the venerable homesales company has enlisted a style maven to help create cosmetics.

Jcpenney went looking for hot and trendy and found twins chip and pepper foster, purveyors of pricey chip pepper jeans popular with celebs.Their c7p line for jcpenney, launched in july, offers premium jeans at an affordable $35 instead of $180.Coming in february:Ralph lauren's american living, a huge collection of products for men, women, home and children.

"Everything is so quick now it used to be fromrunwaytostore would take months, and now we see it immediately online, so our customers are exposed to fashion in a much faster way than ever before,"Says liz sweney, executive vice president for jcpenney women's apparel.

Consumer excitement about all this is undeniable.Both wang and temperley's products sell on ebay for more than in stores.When parker's and bynes' lines launched at steve barry's, hundreds of women waited hours in line to buy and to get autographs.

Steve barry's schacter says consumers know when a celeb designer is just a front, and parker is no front. "She's our collaborator, she believes in delivering the highestquality merchandise and making it accessible to everybody, especially those who don't have money to buy the expensive brands they want. "
True Sprint Cup stars new Gen 6 cars highlight NASCAR as Daytona 500 looms

There was just a lot of discussion that five was not enough and in some ways i agreed with that.But last friday night we inducted five more new members bringing our total to 20 nascar hall of fame inductees.It really does go by fast.The hall will fill up quickly.Just think, in 10 more years we have a total of 70 members in the nascar hall of fame.

So i am comfortable with it being five new members per year.It makes it very elite.It also makes it very challenging and interesting for the folks on the nascar hall of fame voting panel because there are so many worthy candidates.

We saw that friday night downtown with the 2013 class.These were five very worthy men that all had one thing in common.To a man, they all dedicated their lives to nascar and were successful at it.They had a true passion and [URL=http://royalyorkhotel-...]Pandora Charms UK[/URL] love for what they were doing.You even saw that same passion in the family members that came up to accept for buck backer, herb thomas and cotton owens, who are no longer with us.

You could see and feel the pride they had in their relative accomplishments.

They all did a great job in relaying the message that these men dedicated their lives to the sport of nascar.Actually i think it is the one common bond between all 20 of us that have been so honored to be inducted we gave it all to the sport.We left it all out there and held nothing back.We were willing to give it all and sacrifice it all to be successful.

Once again this year we saw firsthand how nascar and hall of fame officials winston kelley, amber wells, karen davis and all the others that put in long hard hours on each and every induction are simply amazing.You want for nothing.Even though the focus obviously was on the new class, as it should be, those of us that were able to attend were still treated like royalty.That a special feeling, i just have to tell you.

The exhibits are always awesome.They have some cars from some of nascar more famous wrecks on display there now.In fact, what left of my 1991 western auto car from my 11 barrel rolls down the backstretch in daytona will be joining that display soon.

If you remember in a previous column i mentioned how back in the day we used to name our cars.Well friday night, rusty wallace gave us another example of that.His car, midnight, which was named that because of the time of day he pulled into victory lane at richmond, was put on display.Rusty was no different than the rest of us.We named our cars.We rubbed and loved on them.There was an emotional bond and trust with our cars.So it was cool to see rusty give us another example of that friday night with midnight.

So friday night's nascar hall of fame induction was special.There was lots of laughter and tears at times.It was awesome to see leonard wood join his brother glen wood in the hall.Glen was part of my class of inductees and we all knew it was only a matter of time for leonard.

Herb thomas was one of our sport's very first superstars.Buck baker exemplified what drivers and owners were like at that time.Buck was a character, no doubt about it.Cotton owens was another one of those that did so much in propelling our sport forward.One common thread they all share with the rest of us was:They were showmen.

Sure, they showed up every weekend to race, hopefully take home a big trophy and an even bigger check, but [URL=http://fordhamjoi...]Ralph Lauren Outlet[/URL] they all knew what the bigger picture was.The bigger picture was to put on a show.When you put on a show, the grandstands fill up.Putting on a show is a true legacy of the france family that started and continues to run our sport.From big bill france, to bill jr.To brian france, lesa france kennedy and jim france they all realized that even during a sporting event you have to put on a show to attract fans to come watch and enjoy.

To be honest, i thought rusty was going to break my record for the longest acceptance speech in the nascar hall of fame induction ceremonies.I didn know until someone told me that last year i spoke for 23 minutes and 40 seconds.Rusty spoke friday night for 23 minutes and 14 seconds.I bet if the ol scoundrel had known how close he was to beating me, he probably would have thanked a few more folks.It just how drivers are.We love to compete and beat the other guy, no matter what the competition is.

It was great to see everyone again.Richard petty, bobby allison, david pearson, ned jarrett, bud moore, barney hall, ken squier and the others were all there.They are walking talking pieces of history in our sport.The stories they can share are priceless just like the memories they helped to create for our sport.Stevie and i were both honored to be there and thrilled to watch five most deserving gentleman join the ranks of members of the nascar hall of fame.

Now the focus shifts to daytona.

I still truly believe this will be one of the best seasons we will see in nascar history.There is so much energy and excitement that this new car has created that i just can wait to get it started.This is going to be a big year, i really believe that.

http://www.celineu...

http://forums.dawn-ro.com/index.php?action=profi...
http://www.le-buzz-immobilier.com/forum/profile.php...
http://ricklyon.com/forums/index.php?action=profil...