freemehum

5/26/2013 1:43:00 AM

Christopher Raeburn Fall 2013 Christopher Raeburn Rat Bag Fall 2013 ELLE
Christopher Raeburn Talks Models and MaterialsFebruary 19 9:00 AMby Ana Rose Kinsella 0 CommentsPhoto: Courtesy of Imaxtree and Alessandro Lucion Christopher Raeburn showed an coach factory <a href=http://bagsoutletsonlines.com... factory outlet online</a> online outlet impressive and extensive collection in the Portico Rooms at Somerset House last Saturday afternoon. Though one thing was left to the last minute&#151;the designer tweeted the previous evening that castings were still ongoing at the studio. But the late-night work paid off as he showcased a wider selection of womenswear than ever before. There were coats, jackets, and tons of cute bags in shade of gray and bright <a href=http://coachfactoryoutlet2w.webs.com... factory outlet</a> neons, all made using repurposed military fabrics&#151;a Raeburn trademark. After Raeburn's success last season with the leather Hare bag (which started a social media stampede), this time, he offered the Water Rat bag in an exhibition beside the main show. The distressed silver leather carrier manages to make rodents seem both adorable and stylish. Backstage after the show, the designer was relaxed and calm as he told us about models, materials, and those ever-popular animal bags.&#160;ELLE: Do you find it difficult to keep using recycled materials now that your collection is getting bigger?Christopher Raeburn: <There>are] some limitations, but <a href=http://bagsoutletsonlines.com... factory outlet online</a> in that way you have more opportunity, because your buying power increases. <a href=http://bagsoutletsonlines.com... factory outlet online</a> Because you&#146;re sourcing more fabric, people take you more seriously, too. You&#146;re not messing around looking for ten of something, now you&#146;re ordering 100 or even 1000. It&#146;s the nice thing about it&#151;it makes you think differently about everything. ELLE: I guess it opens your eyes to new possibilities. We saw on Twitter that you were casting well into the night last night.CR: We finished the whole collection much earlier this week, but I work very closely with <stylist> Cathy Edwards, so we ended up doing most of the casting together later in the week. But we&#146;ve got an amazing team, so it wasn&#146;t difficult. For me, the difficult thing this week was editing the collection. Today was two-thirds of the whole collection, so really, for me, it&#146;s a question of exploring and redeveloping and then refining. To make sure what we presented was the best.ELLE: And it was! What were you looking for in your models?CR: Hopefully you could see it&#151;the girls <a href=http://bagsoutletsonlines.com... factory outlet online</a> were strong and they had a lot of character. <They> really showed the clothes so well. This collection is a big step for our womenswear and our business. ELLE: Tell us about the Water Rat bag. What made you go for the rat as your animal mascot this time?CR: Well, a lot of our research was done around these amazing World War II sea forts off the English coastline, so the water rat was a natural progression from that this season.See the Fall 2013 Christopher Raeburn Ready-to-Wear collection.See all the Fall 2013 Ready-to-Wear collections. &#160;