BeeJ

6/22/2012 4:22:00 AM

VB6
Running the App
Right-Click to PopUp a menu
slide the mouse down and over to attempt to get to a sub menu and
the menu fires prematurely (without click). Same on a different PC.

Running the app as the .EXE it works properly.

What can be done so I can run in the IDE?

The menu structure is like this

Caption Name Index

PopUpCmd
.....Ver
.....-
.....Always On Top
.....-
.....Activate mnuEdge (none)
.........None mnuEdgeSel 0
.........Left mnuEdgeSel 1
.............Top mnuEdgeLeftSel 0
.............Bot mnuEdgeLeftSel 1
.........Right mnuEdgeSel 4
.............Top mnuEdgeRightSel 0
.............Bot mnuEdgeRightSel 1

and a few more continuing this pattern.

Note that the index of 4 seems to be acceptable.
I changed it to 2 to see if that made a difference but it did not.

4 Answers

Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB]

"BeeJ" <nospam@spamnot.com> wrote in message

> VB6
> Running the App
> Right-Click to PopUp a menu
> slide the mouse down and over to attempt to get to a sub menu and the
> menu fires prematurely (without click). Same on a different PC.

I'm lost. When you say sub-menu, do you mean the menus that appear from
items which have the triangle on the right-hand side, like the New menu in
Windows Explorer? If so, you NEVER need to click those; they always appear
just from mouseover.

BeeJ

Menu created with IDE Tools\Menu Editor on a Form.
SubMenu Item such as Top or Bot fire without a click in the IDE but
work properly when compiled.

--
Present and unaccounted for.

unknown

BeeJ wrote:
> Menu created with IDE Tools\Menu Editor on a Form.
> SubMenu Item such as Top or Bot fire without a click in the IDE but
> work properly when compiled.

Maybe your mouse is doing it, try adjust mouse software settings or bring a
cat.

> Menu created with IDE Tools\Menu Editor on a Form.
> SubMenu Item such as Top or Bot fire without a click in the IDE but work
> properly when compiled.

I can say without hesitation that that NEVER happened to me in all the years
I used VB.