microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Latest Cumulative Update Rollup for the VB6

Abhishek

6/19/2012 8:05:00 PM

Dated: April 20, 2012

http://support.microsoft.com...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.as...

Mswinsck.ocx and Mscomctl.ocx are newwer.

--
abhishek
http://vb6zone.bl...

4 Answers

(Mike Mitchell)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:34:54 +0530, "Abhishek"
<abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Dated: April 20, 2012
>
>http://support.microsoft.com...
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.as...
>
>Mswinsck.ocx and Mscomctl.ocx are newwer.

Microsoft's Knowledge Base articles on this are, as usual, as clear as
mud. They keep wibbling on about security update 926857 from September
9, 2008.

Later in KB957924 there is a long list of version numbers and dates,
all 24/Mar/2009. Under "File Information" it states: "This manifest
contains the file information for the May 2009 refresh of the
cumulative update rollup for the Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6
Runtime Extended Files."

Yeah, but what about the *latest* update? N|owhere do I see the latest
list of versions and dates AFTER the installation of the *latest*
update.

Confusing confusion confusing!

Maybe someone else can shed light on the MS brain farts?

MM

Abhishek

this update replaces May 2009 update, most file are same except Mswinsck.ocx
and Mscomctl.ocx which are newer. Dec 2008 dont needs to be install as its
buggy, it was replaced by May 2009 update.

this is what i have done. install vb6, then sp6 and then this update.

"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
| On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 01:34:54 +0530, "Abhishek"
| <abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:
|
| >Dated: April 20, 2012
| >
| >http://support.microsoft.com...
| >
| >http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.as...
| >
| >Mswinsck.ocx and Mscomctl.ocx are newwer.
|
| Microsoft's Knowledge Base articles on this are, as usual, as clear as
| mud. They keep wibbling on about security update 926857 from September
| 9, 2008.
|
| Later in KB957924 there is a long list of version numbers and dates,
| all 24/Mar/2009. Under "File Information" it states: "This manifest
| contains the file information for the May 2009 refresh of the
| cumulative update rollup for the Visual Basic 6.0 Service Pack 6
| Runtime Extended Files."
|
| Yeah, but what about the *latest* update? N|owhere do I see the latest
| list of versions and dates AFTER the installation of the *latest*
| update.
|
| Confusing confusion confusing!
|
| Maybe someone else can shed light on the MS brain farts?
|
| MM

(Mike Mitchell)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:26:45 +0530, "Abhishek"
<abhishek007p@hotmail.com> wrote:

>this update replaces May 2009 update, most file are same except Mswinsck.ocx
>and Mscomctl.ocx which are newer. Dec 2008 dont needs to be install as its
>buggy, it was replaced by May 2009 update.
>
>this is what i have done. install vb6, then sp6 and then this update.

Have all, or only some, of your VB6 OCXs got a new date, i.e. 2012?

MM

Abhishek

all other files are dated Mar-24, 2009 except two

mswinsck.ocx
Version: 6.1.98.17
Comments: July 14, 2009
File Date: February 16, 2010