microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

use vb6 to connect to an ip-phone and dial a number

Catharinus van der werf

5/10/2012 8:22:00 AM

Hello my friends

I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
Thanks in advance.

Catharinus
9 Answers

DaveO

"Catharinus van der werf" <csvanderwerf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

You'll need some information from the maker, either an API or similar.
Where I work we used to use ip phones from "voispeed" and the command I
worked out was:
ShellExecute GetDesktopWindow(), "", "voispeed:" & s, "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL
(Where s = the number to dial, GetDesktopWindow and SW_SHOWNORMAL had the
standard declarations)
You could probably use something similar if you can establish the
appropriate replacement for "voispeed"

DaveO.

Catharinus van der werf

Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

Hey Dave
thank you very much.
That looks like an easy to incorporate solution.
I will try it.
Thanks again.
Catharinus

Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

Dee Earley

On 15/05/2012 10:38, DaveO wrote:
> "Catharinus van der werf"<csvanderwerf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello my friends
>>
>> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
>> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Catharinus
>
> You'll need some information from the maker, either an API or similar.
> Where I work we used to use ip phones from "voispeed" and the command I
> worked out was:
> ShellExecute GetDesktopWindow(), "", "voispeed:"& s, "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL
> (Where s = the number to dial, GetDesktopWindow and SW_SHOWNORMAL had the
> standard declarations)
> You could probably use something similar if you can establish the
> appropriate replacement for "voispeed"

Note that that does require the voispeed software installed on that machine.

I second the fact that you need to ask the manufacturer though as they
can all be different.

Ours requires an HTTP request to the switch itself.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

Catharinus van der werf

Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

Oke Deanna
thanks for your contribution. As for now, I still didn't succeed with
dialing the IP-phone
Catharinus

Catharinus van der werf

Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

Hello Deanna

Does the need for a direct http mean that it is easier?
Thanks
Catharinus

DaveO

"Deanna Earley" <dee.earley@icode.co.uk> wrote in message

> Note that that does require the voispeed software installed on that
> machine.
I did this a very long time ago I forgot about that nuance. The program had
"Dial" buttons that were hidden if the driver was not loaded, that was
ascertained by iterating all the active processes looking for "V_CLIENT.BIN"
in a ghastly function containing some esoteric API calls (EnumProcesses,
OpenProcess, EnumProcessModules, GetModuleFileNameExA & CloseHandle)

> I second the fact that you need to ask the manufacturer though as they can
> all be different.
That cannot be reiterated enough, with luck they'll have a SDK but I
wouldn't hold my breath.

> Ours requires an HTTP request to the switch itself.
>
> --
> Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team

DaveO.

Dee Earley

On 15/05/2012 16:00, csvanderwerf@gmail.com wrote:
> Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
>> Hello my friends
>>
>> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
>> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> Does the need for a direct http mean that it is easier?

Easier than what?
It's another method and has different prerequisites and setup.
Mine was just an example of how they can be different.

You can't infer anything from the way these systems work to yours works
until you get an answer from the manufacturer.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team
http://www.icode.co.uk...

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

Catharinus van der werf

Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> Hello my friends
>
> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Catharinus

Catharinus van der werf

Op dinsdag 15 mei 2012 17:58:51 UTC+2 schreef Deanna Earley het volgende:
> On 15/05/2012 16:00, csvanderwerf@gmail.com wrote:
> > Op donderdag 10 mei 2012 10:21:58 UTC+2 schreef Catharinus van der werf het volgende:
> >> Hello my friends
> >>
> >> I would like to create an application that can connect to an ip-phone
> >> and dial a number. The phone is a Tiptel IP 282.
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Does the need for a direct http mean that it is easier?
>
> Easier than what?
> It's another method and has different prerequisites and setup.
> Mine was just an example of how they can be different.
>
> You can't infer anything from the way these systems work to yours works
> until you get an answer from the manufacturer.
>
> --
> Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
> i-Catcher Development Team
> http://www.icode.co.uk...
>
> iCode Systems
>
> (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored.
> Please reply to the group.)

Thanks again Deanne
I am waiting for the information from the manufacturing company
Catharinus