microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

SQL server 2005 - Vista - invalid object name '#spdbdesc'

ianforgroupuse

3/30/2007 2:04:00 PM

I'm running Vista Business edition on 2005 Virtual PC.
Installed SQL Server 2005 Express latest download, with instance of
MSSQLSERVER and service accounts running under "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM".
Mixed mode authentication specified and sa password specified.
Used server manager to create user login with sysadmin role.
Login using windows authentication.

Run my application and database is created and populated with default
records.

However, my application executes the stored procedure "sp_helpdb"
which fails with "Invalid object name '#spdbdesc'" error.

If I run a query in server manager to execute same procedure logged in
as the same person it runs ok and returns a table of information.

All this was working ok on XP with MSDE2000A previously.

I'm programming in .NET C# CLR2.0, any body know what's going wrong?

2 Answers

Neil X

On Dec 11, 10:16 pm, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 10:01 am, "Neil X." <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 1, 11:19 pm, bzl...@aaool.com wrote:
>
> > > Being the shopaholic that I am, I stumbled upon Vol. 1 on Amazon on
> > > Black Friday, got it at a good price, $28 or something.  It arrived
> > > yesterday.  Totally killer!!  Great audio quality.  I briefly peeped
> > > the DVD, and it's real nice, too.  Looking forward to the rest of this
> > > series.  There's never enough quality Miles...
>
> > >http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ARYEY6/ref=ox_sc_act_i......
>
> > OK, so i piggybacked this box set with a Christmas order from Amazon.
> > Looking forward to hearing/seeing it.
>
> > Peace,
> > Neil X.
>
> I just this box yesterday.
>
> Love it.
>
> I already had HQ boots of most of these shows that I was plenty happy
> with, but this box's sound quality is still a noticeable upgrade -
> very clean.
>
> Well worth the $$ IMO.

Long time no see, Ray. Nice to hear from you.

Peace,
Neil X.

Ray

On Dec 12, 12:52 pm, "Neil X." <nei...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 11, 10:16 pm, Ray <rayb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > OK, so i piggybacked this box set with a Christmas order from Amazon.
> > > Looking forward to hearing/seeing it.
>
> > > Peace,
> > > Neil X.
>
> > I just this box yesterday.
>
> > Love it.
>
> > I already had HQ boots of most of these shows that I was plenty happy
> > with, but this box's sound quality is still a noticeable upgrade -
> > very clean.
>
> > Well worth the $$ IMO.
>
> Long time no see, Ray.  Nice to hear from you.
>
> Peace,
> Neil X.

Thanks Neil.

I'm still around, but the RMGD signal/noise ratio has unfortunately
gotten to the point that it's become less enjoyable for me to check in
and post here as much as I used to. There's still some interesting &
entertaining characters that I enjoy interacting with here though
(including most of the posters in this thread), so again I'm still
around albeit with a much lower profile.