microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Sql Encryption -- entire db?

Edward Galarza

3/29/2007 6:46:00 PM

Are there any affordable tools out there to encrypt an entire sql database,
without requiring application changes? I need to encrypt data on a legacy
system (SQL 2000). NetLib would work, but its $10k per server.

Thanks.

1 Answer

Hari

Hello,

Take a look into encrypted file system (EFS). Please analyze fully in your
test server before implimentation.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/implementi...

Thanks
Hari