Mark Baldwin

3/29/2007 9:08:00 AM

I am using .NET 2.0 with SQL2000. I have a simple test program for the
TransactionScope() object with encapsulates 2 calls using stored procedures
that are defined within a dataset. For example...

using (TransactionScope scope = new
TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required))
{
DataSetTestTableAdapters.testtableTableAdapter ta = new
DataSetTestTableAdapters.testtableTableAdapter();
int id = 0;
ta.NewEntry(205, "FROM UI", ref id);
ta.UpdateB(id + 1, "CHANGED");
scope.Complete();
}

Initially I got some error about remote transactions not being allowed. I
fixed this by randomly ticking options in MSDTC properties until it worked
but now I just get a timeout error (after 30 seconds even though MSDTC and
TransactionScope() default to 60 seconds!). After the timeout, if I run the
code again I get...

[System.Transactions.TransactionException] = {"The transaction has already
been implicitly or explicitly committed or aborted."}

Does anybody know where I can find documentation on fixing issues with MSDTC
and .NET 2.0/SQL2000?

--
Best regards
Mark

1 Answer

changliw

I understand that your .NET application encountered the error:
"The transaction has already been implicitly or explicitly committed or
aborted."
If I have misunderstood, please let me know.

Could you please post the event error message here?

I found a KB article talking about a similar issue. Please refer to:
You receive an "A Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator problem
prevented connection to the Configuration database" error message when you
publish assemblies from BizTalk Server 2004
http://support.microsoft.com...

Also, I recommend that you refer to this article for debugging MSDTC issues:
Debugging MSDTC Issues
http://www.chriskempster.com/articles/debugdtc...

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me
know.

Best regards,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications

If you are using Outlook Express, please make sure you clear the check box
"Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your reply promptly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/support/de....
from this issue.