microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Import Data from a Custom ODBC Data Source.

Manny123 via SQLMonster.com

3/28/2007 3:28:00 PM

Hi there,

We are in the process of evaluating SQL Server 2005. We are using SQL Server
2000 for out DW needs.

I am having this issue with SQL Server 2005. I have a custom ODBC Driver
installed on the SQL Server 2005 machine that is used to bring data from a
linux server to our SQL Server DW, now I want to use this driver to import
data from this specific ODBC Driver but I have tried many and I can't see
this ODBC Driver from the Data Sources.

Can any body tell how to accomplish this?

Thanks very much,

Manny

AlterEgo

Manny,

If you are trying to add a new ODBC source and the driver doesn't show up in
the list of ODBC drivers, then it probably did not get installed correctly.

-- Bill