microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

WindowsAuthentication issues

ST

3/28/2007 1:15:00 PM

If we use windows authentication in sqlserver when we drop and
recreate procedures, we need to exclusively grant execute permission
to that user. Is there any other way to do the same?

3 Answers

Uri Dimant

> If we use windows authentication in sqlserver when we drop and
> recreate procedures, we need to exclusively grant execute permission
> to that user. Is there any other way to do the same?

To do what?

On Mar 28, 8:26 am, "Uri Dimant" <u...@iscar.co.il> wrote:
> > If we use windows authentication in sqlserver when we drop and
> > recreate procedures, we need to exclusively grant execute permission
> > to that user. Is there any other way to do the same?
>
> To do what?
>
> "ST" <sitatet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > If we use windows authentication in sqlserver when we drop and
> > recreate procedures, we need to exclusively grant execute permission
> > to that user. Is there any other way to do the same?- Hide quoted text -

I mean is there any way to execute procedures without again granting
the permissions.

AlterEgo

ST,

I believe ALTER PROCEDURE will retain your permissions. Try using that in
place of DROP and CREATE.

-- Bill