lesleyann76

3/28/2007 4:04:00 AM

Is there a way to round up in sql? For instance, I want automatically
round 0.3 to 1, 1.1 to 2, etc. Using the "round" function I only seem
to get traditional rounding effects (ie, once the value is more than
half a round up will occur, however less than half way to the next
higher integer rounds down when I need it to still round up to the
next higher integer). In excel there is a "Roundup" function, however
I have not figured out how to do it in sql. Any suggestions? Thank
you.

1 Answer

masri999

On Mar 28, 9:03 am, lesleyan...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there a way to round up in sql? For instance, I want automatically
> round 0.3 to 1, 1.1 to 2, etc. Using the "round" function I only seem
> to get traditional rounding effects (ie, once the value is more than
> half a round up will occur, however less than half way to the next
> higher integer rounds down when I need it to still round up to the
> next higher integer). In excel there is a "Roundup" function, however
> I have not figured out how to do it in sql. Any suggestions? Thank
> you.

select ceiling(0.3)
select ceiling(1.1)