microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Extendend procedure "srv_sendrow" very slow performance in SQL 2000

chris

I am trying to return a query with 50.000 rows, 1 column (varchar(20)),
from extendend procedure via "srv_describe/ srv_setcoldata/ srv_sendrow"
method. After playing for a while, I found out that a performance is almost
useless.

Some statistics:
if I do the same select via T-SQL, it returns data in 150ms (OK, perfect).

Extended procedure:
add selecting via new connection, fetching all data: 190-210ms (OK).
[fetching all data, return nothing ]

add calling "srv_setcoldata" for a column: 890-950ms ( not OK)[fetching all
data, filling output structure, return nothing ]

add calling srv_sendrow for each row: 3250ms(?????) [return the same data as
from TSQL]

It is a difference factor of 20-25x.

Is there any optimisation or something to speedup?

Regards,
Frenk