microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Prevent row change on system table

bic

3/28/2007 1:47:00 AM

How to prevent row data changes on system table such as master..sysusers
table. Thanks
--
bic
2 Answers

Hari

Hello,

In SQL 2005, you can write the DDL triggers. I have never tried using DDL
trigger on system tables.

Thanks
Hari

"bic" <bic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to prevent row data changes on system table such as master..sysusers
> table. Thanks
> --
> bic

David Portas

"bic" <bic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How to prevent row data changes on system table such as master..sysusers
> table. Thanks
> --
> bic

By assigning the right roles to your users and logins. Only members of the
sysadmin role can modify system tables directly. The roles required to
execute other statements, such as creating users, are detailed in Books
Online.

--
David Portas, SQL Server MVP

Whenever possible please post enough code to reproduce your problem.
Including CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements usually helps.
State what version of SQL Server you are using and specify the content
of any error messages.

SQL Server Books Online:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/librar...(en-US,SQL.90).aspx