microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Satellite assemblies - anyone got this working?

justageezer

3/27/2007 11:24:00 PM

Hi all,
I'm trying to localise my sql clr assemblies, but I just cannot get it to
work :( I've followed the instructions in BOL, read the only article I can
find at: http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlclr/archive/2006/06/13/6... but I
still get MissingSatelliteAssemblyException. I've put the neutral culture
resources in a satellite (as updating clr assemblies is real grief once you
have loads of dependencies) and am using the Ultimate fallback attribute set
to assembly.
I've also tried the HelloWorldReady AW sample - which throws exactly the
same error:
Error 1 Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Procedure usp_HelloWorldReady, Line 0
A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or
aggregate "usp_HelloWorldReady":
System.Resources.MissingSatelliteAssemblyException: The satellite assembly
named "HelloWorldReady.resources.dll, PublicKeyToken=fbea97fc8e87a221" for
fallback culture "" either could not be found or could not be loaded. This is
generally a setup problem. Please consider reinstalling or repairing the
application.
System.Resources.MissingSatelliteAssemblyException:
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(CultureInfo
culture, Boolean createIfNotExists, Boolean tryParents)
at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo
culture)
at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.StoredProcedures.HelloWorldReady(String
culture, String& greeting)
.. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Samples\Engine\Programmability\CLR\HelloWorldReady\VB\HelloWorldReady\Test Scripts\Test.sql 0 0
Has anyone got this to work? If so, how?
I've signed the hub and spoke assemblies witht he same key, they all have
the same version, they're all registered OK in sql server, I think they're
named correctly (following the HelloWorldReady examples) - but still no joy :(
CLR in sql is great - but if I can't get it localised it's not much help to
me.
Anyone been here before?
Thanks in advance,
Paul