microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

RE: what's wrong with this too

Alejandro Mesa

3/27/2007 11:00:00 PM

rodchar,

Can you post the sp code?

AMB

"rodchar" wrote:

> hey all,
> in my stored procedure i'm trying to assign the average of something (using
> the builtin avg() ) to my variable int and i get the following error:
>
> Msg 155, Level 15, State 2, Line 1
> 'int' is not a recognized CURSOR option.
>
> thanks,
> rodchar
37 Answers

rodchar

DECLARE AverageDays int
DECLARE AverageMonths int
SELECT AverageDays = AVG(dbo.ufn_GetEmploymentDuration(empID))
, AverageMonths = AVG(dbo.ufn_GetEmploymentDuration(empID))/30
FROM EmpMaster

"Alejandro Mesa" wrote:

> rodchar,
>
> Can you post the sp code?
>

> AMB
>
> "rodchar" wrote:
>
> > hey all,
> > in my stored procedure i'm trying to assign the average of something (using
> > the builtin avg() ) to my variable int and i get the following error:
> >
> > Msg 155, Level 15, State 2, Line 1
> > 'int' is not a recognized CURSOR option.
> >
> > thanks,
> > rodchar

ML

3/28/2007

0

Was it really that bad? ;)

It could happen to anyone.

ML

---
http://milambda.blo...

rodchar

Thank you for restoring my sanity.

"ML" wrote:

> The name of a local variable must begin with the @ character.
>

> ML
>
> ---
> http://milambda.blo...

ML

The name of a local variable must begin with the @ character.

ML

---
http://milambda.blo...

Mr. 68

Nobody likes getting busted for traffic violations and it is a source
of income for local government.

But are you aware that traffic stops are the most effective tool used
by law enforcement to catch criminals? Wanted fugitives, illegal
aliens, crimes in progress and more are discovered during a routine
traffic stop. And those officers are street level players in home land
security.

There’s a lot more going on than just you getting a ticket. Buckle up
and reevaluate your hatred for the man.

Kim - CARGPB #36
http://www.WrongCrowdProduc...
DMD Glare Guards – NEW Wide Body size
Pin2000 Glare Guard Photos: http://tinyurl.c...

On Feb 19, 10:24 am, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 11:18 am, BlueMalibu <mich...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 19, 11:54 am, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > >http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages.......
>
> > Yep, are you a NMA member also?  I've been a member since the mid
> > 80s.  Speed limits are many times only about the money.  If we really
> > cared about safety, speed limits would be set by traffic engineers
> > using scientifically proven principles.  Instead they are set by
> > politicians who know little about what they are doing (except bringing
> > in the $).
>
> > Parker
>
> Someone here bad mothed me about my hatred for the man, this is why. I
> got a ticket for no seatbelt last week by a cop sitting under a
> overpass in the U-turn lane out of his car looking in peoples cars as
> they drove by. With all the crime that is going on now he could have
> been somwhere trying to stop it but instead he was bringing in revenue.

Del

On Feb 19, 12:52 pm, "Mr. 68" <M...@q.com> wrote:
> Nobody likes getting busted for traffic violations and it is a source
> of income for local government.
>
> But are you aware that traffic stops are the most effective tool used
> by law enforcement to catch criminals? Wanted fugitives, illegal
> aliens, crimes in progress and more are discovered during a routine
> traffic stop. And those officers are street level players in home land
> security.
>
> There’s a lot more going on than just you getting a ticket. Buckle up
> and reevaluate your hatred for the man.
>
> Kim - CARGPB #36http://www.WrongCrowdProduc...
> DMD Glare Guards – NEW Wide Body size
> Pin2000 Glare Guard Photos:http://tinyurl.c...
>
> On Feb 19, 10:24 am, brokenvette <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> > > Yep, are you a NMA member also?  I've been a member since the mid
> > > 80s.  Speed limits are many times only about the money.  If we really
> > > cared about safety, speed limits would be set by traffic engineers
> > > using scientifically proven principles.  Instead they are set by
> > > politicians who know little about what they are doing (except bringing
> > > in the $).
>
> > > Parker
>
> > Someone here bad mothed me about my hatred for the man, this is why. I
> > got a ticket for no seatbelt last week by a cop sitting under a
> > overpass in the U-turn lane out of his car looking in peoples cars as
> > they drove by. With all the crime that is going on now he could have
> > been somwhere trying to stop it but instead he was bringing in revenue.- Hide quoted text -

James,
Just do your-self a favor & Buckle up , That doesn't always save
lives , But once you get into the habit it is no big deal .
I never go anywhere with out mine on & I can say they have saved my
life ! .

Pin-Del,
cargpb28

Taylor-VA

Driving without a seat belt is a crime. Guess he was actually doing
his job. If you criminals would stop doing crime it would make the
need for police obsolete.

yzfguy

On Feb 19, 2:40 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Driving without a seat belt is a crime. Guess he was actually doing
> his job. If you criminals would stop doing crime it would make the
> need for police obsolete.

Lol. I am glad I am not alone. I never bad mouthed anyone, I simply
explained my point of view. Glad to see others are a little more open
minded and understanding.

I get that there are different perspectives here, but it just seems
like you are mis-directing your anger. Instead of thinking " man, I
really should have had my seatbelt on" you are pissed at the guy who
saw the VIOLATION. Seatbelt checkpoints (known as click it or ticket
campaigns in NJ) are a valuable educational tool that raise awareness
and promote safe and legal driving habits. As was mentioned, an added
benefit is the discovery of other warrants or violations.

brokenvette

On Feb 19, 1:40 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Driving without a seat belt is a crime. Guess he was actually doing
> his job. If you criminals would stop doing crime it would make the
> need for police obsolete.

Its a victimless crime that was put on the books to rake in cash the
same as artificially low speed limits. It started out as an additional
citation if you were pulled over and you weren't wearing your
seatbelt. Now the stand on street corners and look in your car and
even use night vision goggles to look in your car at night. Say what
you want, any money grabber can put a law on the books and say its the
law and its for your own good. My next door neighbor had his pickup
loaded with tools and some dirt bag stole every tool out of his truck
overnight. The cops did nothing. It took them hours to even come take
a report. But park your car facing the wrong way on my street and its
a guaranteed $150 ticket They need to concentrate on stopping real
crime not revenue enhancement.

pinnut

On Feb 19, 3:16 pm, yzfguy <yzf...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2:40 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Driving without a seat belt is a crime. Guess he was actually doing
> > his job. If you criminals would stop doing crime it would make the
> > need for police obsolete.
>
> Lol. I am glad I am not alone. I never bad mouthed anyone, I simply
> explained my point of view. Glad to see others are a little more open
> minded and understanding.
>
> I get that there are different perspectives here, but it just seems
> like you are mis-directing your anger. Instead of thinking " man, I
> really should have had my seatbelt on" you are pissed at the guy who
> saw the VIOLATION. Seatbelt checkpoints (known as click it or ticket
> campaigns in NJ) are a valuable educational tool that raise awareness
> and promote safe and legal driving habits. As was mentioned, an added
> benefit is the discovery of other warrants or violations.

its not a victimless crime. you, brokenvette, are always ranting and
raving about your tax dollars, you money going to people that dont
work, blah blah. well, why should my tax dollars go to having the cops
and EMS people pull your mangled, sorry ass out of your car because
your personal liberties are more important than your own well being?
wear a bracelet that says leave me to die a slow death in my car
because i didnt buckle up, and i'll get behind your position. i
wrecked a car due to no fault of my own, some asshole construction
company removed a stop sign that was in their way. i totalled my car,
other people were hurt. i was banged up, and sore as hell for a month,
but thank God i had my seat belt on, or i'd be really screwed right
now. if people wore their belts, there wouldnt need to be a law, or
fines.