bubbles

3/27/2007 12:59:00 AM

SQL Server 2005 Enterprise.

I had tried to take a database offline, then cancel it midway as it
seemed to take very long.
Now I cannot connect to this database.

How can I restore this database?

Thanks,
Bubbles

5 Answers

bubbles

More info:

I can see that the instance of the registration is running (green
circle with white triangle),
but when I double-click the registration, it states that ...

"Cannot open database 'database_name' requested by the login. The
login failed.
Login failed for user 'domain\user_name'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error
4060)

I also does not expand to show the objects in this registration.

I am the database owner (or rather, was, until I tried to take it
offline...)

I could, however, still connect to a linked server.

How can I restore the database?

On Mar 27, 8:58 am, "bubbles" <bubbles....@hotmail.com> wrote:
> SQL Server 2005 Enterprise.
>
> I had tried to take a database offline, then cancel it midway as it
> seemed to take very long.
> Now I cannot connect to this database.
>
> How can I restore this database?
>
> Thanks,
> Bubbles

bubbles

More info:

>From Event Viewer (Application):

Event ID: 5084
Time: 08:33:40AM
Source: MSSQLSERVER
User: domain\user (that's me)
'database_name'
(this was the event when I tried setting the database to offline.)

Event ID: 18453
Time: 08:36:01AM
Source: MSSQLSERVER
User: domain\user (that's me)
Connection:trusted. [CLIENT:xx.xxx.xxx.xx]

Event ID: 18456
Time: 08:36:01AM
Source: MSSQLSERVER
User: domain\user (that's me)
[CLIENT:xx.xxx.xxx.xx]

Event ID: 18453
Time: 08:36:17AM
Source: MSSQLSERVER
User: domain\user (that's me)
Connection:trusted. [CLIENT:xx.xxx.xxx.xx]

Event ID: 18456
Time: 08:36:17AM
Source: MSSQLSERVER
User: domain\user (that's me)
[CLIENT:xx.xxx.xxx.xx]

bubbles

OK, done!
Danke!

Bubbles

On Mar 27, 1:10 pm, "Hari Prasad" <hari_prasa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Login into the SQL Server using SA. This will allow you to login into the
> SQL Server with default database as Master.
> After that you could change the default database of your login using
> SP_DEFAULTDB ot restore the database from SA itself..
>
> Thanks
> Hari

Hari

"bubbles" <bubbles.one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> SQL Server 2005 Enterprise.
>
> I had tried to take a database offline, then cancel it midway as it
> seemed to take very long.
> Now I cannot connect to this database.
>
> How can I restore this database?
>
> Thanks,