microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Import data from linked server

bubbles

3/26/2007 4:06:00 AM

TSQL rookie, using SQL Server 2005 Enterprise.

Need to import several tables from a linked server (SQL Server 2000)
on a nightly schedule.

Question:
1) How to import a linked-server table into my local server?
(No need for checks - just SELECT INTO)

2) How to set up a scheduled job to do this?

Regards,
Bubbles

2 Answers

Uri Dimant

Hi
--on sql server 2005

use demo

select * into newtable from ss2000.dbname.dbo.tablename

select * from newtable

"bubbles" <bubbles.one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> TSQL rookie, using SQL Server 2005 Enterprise.
>
> Need to import several tables from a linked server (SQL Server 2000)
> on a nightly schedule.
>
> Question:
> 1) How to import a linked-server table into my local server?
> (No need for checks - just SELECT INTO)
>
> 2) How to set up a scheduled job to do this?
>
> Regards,
> Bubbles

bubbles

Ah! So simple! THANKS!