microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Help with dynamically declaring cursor column names

pgouellette

3/26/2007 3:25:00 AM

in SQL Server 2000

I have a table defined as below:

CREATE TABLE [tblPFW_Data_Load] (
[Company] [nvarchar] (10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT
NULL ,
[PFW Account No] [nvarchar] (15) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
NOT NULL ,
[Account Type] [nvarchar] (20) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
NOT NULL ,
[Report Line] [nvarchar] (100) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
NOT NULL ,
[Account No] [nvarchar] (15) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT
NULL ,
[Account Name] [nvarchar] (100) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
NOT NULL ,
[Account Id] [nvarchar] (10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT
NULL ,
[Store/Corp Account] [nvarchar] (100) COLLATE
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ,
[YYYYMM] [int] NOT NULL ,
[PFW Year] [int] NOT NULL ,
[PFW Month] [int] NOT NULL ,
[PFW Date] [datetime] NOT NULL ,
[Account Status] [nvarchar] (50) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
NULL ,
[PFW Actual] [money] NULL ,
[PFW Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Actual] [money] NULL ,
[Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Current Assets] [money] NULL ,
[Total Current Assets Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Net Fixed Assets] [money] NULL ,
[Net Fixed Assets Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Net Intangible Assets] [money] NULL ,
[Net Intangible Assets Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Long Term Assets] [money] NULL ,
[Total Long Term Assets Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Other Assets] [money] NULL ,
[Total Other Assets Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Assets] [money] NULL ,
[Total Assets Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Current Liabilities] [money] NULL ,
[Total Current Liabilities Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Long Term Liabilities] [money] NULL ,
[Total Long Term Liabilities Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Stockholders Equity] [money] NULL ,
[Total Stockholders Equity Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Liabilities and Equity] [money] NULL ,
[Total Liabilities and Equity Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Sales] [money] NULL ,
[Total Sales Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Cost of Sales] [money] NULL ,
[Total Cost of Sales Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Gross Profit] [money] NULL ,
[Total Gross Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Food Gross Profit] [money] NULL ,
[Food Gross Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Beverage Gross Profit] [money] NULL ,
[Beverage Gross Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Labor Cost] [money] NULL ,
[Total Labor Cost Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Controllable Expense] [money] NULL ,
[Total Controllable Expense Plan] [money] NULL ,
[PACE] [money] NULL ,
[PACE Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Marginal Income] [money] NULL ,
[Marginal Income Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Occupancy Cost] [money] NULL ,
[Total Occupancy Cost Plan] [money] NULL ,
[ROP] [money] NULL ,
[ROP Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Corporate Expense] [money] NULL ,
[Total Corporate Expense Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Income from Operations] [money] NULL ,
[Income from Operations Plan] [money] NULL ,
[ITDA] [money] NULL ,
[ITDA Plan] [money] NULL ,
[EBITDA] [money] NULL ,
[EBITDA Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Cash Flow from Operations] [money] NULL ,
[Cash Flow from Operations Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Loss From Discontinued Ops] [money] NULL ,
[Loss From Discontinued Ops Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Net Income] [money] NULL ,
[Net Income Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Cash Flow After Disc Ops] [money] NULL ,
[Cash Flow After Disc Ops Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total TGI Fridays Profit] [money] NULL ,
[Total TGI Fridays Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Total Karlos Profit] [money] NULL ,
[Total Total Karlos Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total McAlisters Profit] [money] NULL ,
[Total McAlisters Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Administrative Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Total Administrative Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Overhead] [money] NULL ,
[Total Overhead Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total TGIF Field Operations Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Total TGIF Field Operations Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Karlos Field Operations Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Total Karlos Field Operations Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total McAlisters Field Operations Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Total McAlisters Field Operations Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Executive Group] [money] NULL ,
[Total Executive Group Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Human Resources] [money] NULL ,
[Total Human Resources Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Business Development] [money] NULL ,
[Total Business Development Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Unit Development] [money] NULL ,
[Total Unit Development Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Finance and Accounting] [money] NULL ,
[Total Finance and Accounting Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Payroll] [money] NULL ,
[Total Payroll Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total IT] [money] NULL ,
[Total IT Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Rent and Building Maintenance] [money] NULL ,
[Rent and Building Maintenance Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total BMI Overhead] [money] NULL ,
[Total BMI Overhead Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total Concept Field Operations Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Total Concept Field Operations Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BMI Headquarters Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[BMI Headquarters Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Total BMI Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Total BMI Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Hofbrauhaus Allocation] [money] NULL ,
[Hofbrauhaus Allocation Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Net BMI Expenses] [money] NULL ,
[Net BMI Expenses Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Management Fees Revenue] [money] NULL ,
[Management Fees Revenue Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Contract Management Revenue] [money] NULL ,
[Contract Management Revenue Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Allocated Cost - Hofbrauhaus ] [money] NULL ,
[Allocated Cost - Hofbrauhaus Plan] [money] NULL ,
[Contribution Margin Hofbrauhaus] [money] NULL ,
[Contribution Margin Hofbrauhaus Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Sales] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Sales Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Cost of Sales] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Cost of Sales Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Gross Profit] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Gross Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Food Gross Profit] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Food Gross Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Beverage Gross Profit] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Beverage Gross Profit Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI BMI Management Revenue] [money] NULL ,
[BGI BMI Management Revenue Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI BMI Management Cost] [money] NULL ,
[BGI BMI Management Cost Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Labor Cost] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Labor Cost Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Controllable Expense] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Controllable Expense Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI PACE] [money] NULL ,
[BGI PACE Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Marginal Income] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Marginal Income Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Occupancy Cost] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Occupancy Cost Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI ROP] [money] NULL ,
[BGI ROP Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI BMI EBITDA] [money] NULL ,
[BGI BMI EBITDA Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Corporate Expense] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Total Corporate Expense Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Income from Operations] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Income from Operations Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI ITD&A] [money] NULL ,
[BGI ITD&A Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI EBITDA] [money] NULL ,
[BGI EBITDA Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Cash Flow from Operations] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Cash Flow from Operations Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Net Income] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Net Income Plan] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Cash Flow after Disc Ops] [money] NULL ,
[BGI Cash Flow after Disc Ops Plan] [money] NULL ,
CONSTRAINT [PK_tblPFW_Data_Load] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
[Company],
[PFW Account No]
) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]
GO

I am trying dynamically setting two coulmn names in a declare cursor
statement in a store procedure as follows:

SET @PFW_Data_Load_Cursor = 'DECLARE PFW_Data_Load_Cursor INSENSITIVE
CURSOR FOR SELECT Company, [Account No], [Account Id], YYYYMM, [PFW
Year], [PFW Month], [PFW Date], [Account Status], '
+ @tblPFW_Data_Load_Actual_Column_Name + ', ' +
@tblPFW_Data_Load_Plan_Column_Name +', [PFW Actual], [PFW Plan] FROM
dbo.tblPFW_Data_Load WHERE ([Account Status] <>
(Account_Status_Not_To_Load) AND ('
+ @tblPFW_Data_Load_Actual_Column_Name + ' IS NOT NULL) FOR READ ONLY'

Execute @PFW_Data_Load_Cursor

OPEN PFW_Data_Load_Cursor

And I'm recieving the following error message:

Server: Msg 203, Level 16, State 2, Procedure
spPFW_Update_Balance_Sheet_Aggregate_Line_Values, Line 100 [Microsoft]
[ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The name 'DECLARE
PFW_Data_Load_Cursor CURSOR FOR SELECT Company, [Account No], [Account
Id], YYYYMM, [PFW Year], [PFW Month], [PFW Date], [Account Status],
[Total Current Assets], [Total Current Assets Plan], [PFW Actual],
[PFW Plan] FROM dbo.tblPFW_Data_Load WHERE ([Account Status] <>
@Account_Status_Not_To_Load) AND ([Total Current Assets] IS NOT NULL)
FOR READ ONLY' is not a valid identifier.

What's up?

When I just code the cursor like this:

DECLARE PFW_Data_Load_Cursor INSENSITIVE CURSOR FOR
SELECT Company, [Account No], [Account Id], YYYYMM, [PFW Year], [PFW
Month], [PFW Date], [Account Status], [Total Current Assets], [Total
Current Assets Plan] , [PFW Actual], [PFW Plan]
FROM dbo.tblPFW_Data_Load'
WHERE ([Account Status] <> @Account_Status_Not_To_Load) AND (Total
Current Assets IS NOT NULL)
FOR READ ONLY