simon

3/24/2007 10:03:00 AM

I would like to transfer data from one table in first sql server to the same
table on the second sql server.
But I would like to transfer only data for products, that are marked on
second server, so I must include some logic which data to transfer.

I can do that easily with linked server - just write proper stored
procedures.
But linked server is slow(I have more than milion rows and many tables), so
I would like to create DTS task. Is there any example how to do that, any
url?

regards,S

1 Answer

masri999

On Mar 24, 3:02 pm, "simon" <simon.zu...@iware.si> wrote:
> I would like to transfer data from one table in first sql server to the same
> table on the second sql server.
> But I would like to transfer only data for products, that are marked on
> second server, so I must include some logic which data to transfer.
>
> I can do that easily with linked server - just write proper stored
> procedures.
> But linked server is slow(I have more than milion rows and many tables), so
> I would like to create DTS task. Is there any example how to do that, any
> url?
>
> regards,S

see sqldts.com