Ed

Is there anyway to change the owner of the objects all at one time? I
have a user called "JB" who left the company but there are some objects that
are owned by him.
He owns over 50 objects

I know I can issue sp_changeobjectowner, but I would like to change them all
at once.

Thanks

Ed
4 Answers

Hari

Hello,

This will work out in SQL 2000, change the current owner and new owner in
the script...

declare @owner as sysname, @table_name as nvarchar(500), @curname sysname

declare owner_cursor cursor for

SELECT sysuse.name AS own, obj.name AS tab_na
FROM objects obj INNER JOIN
sysusers sysuse ON obj.uid = sysuse.uid
WHERE (obj.xtype = 'U') AND (sysuse.name = '<current owner>')

open owner_cursor

FETCH NEXT FROM owner_cursor INTO @owner, @table_name

WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0

begin
set @curname = @owner + '.' + @table_name
exec sp_changeobjectowner @curname, '<new_owner>'

FETCH NEXT FROM owner_cursor INTO @owner, @table_name
end

close owner_cursor
deallocate owner_cursor

Thanks
Hari

dppe@huskeraccess. com<dppe@huskeraccess.com>

On Feb 18, 10:09 pm, TimMe <TimMeig...@msn.com> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 8:35 pm, "d...@neb.rr.com" <d...@neb.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > I am having a problem getting the player stepper unit in the bottom of
> > the front of the cabinet to fully reset on a Gottlieb 76 four player
> >RoyalFlush.  When I start a new game after a 3 or 4 player game the
> > stepper release coil does not allow the circular disc with the legs to
> > return completely to the beginning point.  Instead when I hit the
> > replay button 1 time the stepper gives me a 2 or 3 player game.  I
> > have taken apart the cog wheel (or gear and shaft) and cleaned this
> > out using rubbing alcohol.  I have also removed the arm bolt that
> > controls the release stepper coil and cleaned that out as well.  I
> > have tried putting this cog wheel on more than once, loosened the 3
> > screws and adjusted the circular disc with the metal legs on it so
> > they line up with the correct brass rivets. (I compared this alignment
> > with a 76 Surf Champ that I have)  I have tried adjusting the spring
> > with 2 to 4 turns around the shaft as well.  The stepper steps up and
> > releases correctly manually, but when I apply power to the game it
> > does not fully release and it appears that the plunger only goes part
> > way into the coil thereby not allowing the legs to reset fully to
> > their starting position. The plunger to both coils appears to move
> > freely so I have not tried to clean out or do anything with the
> > coils.  Any help would be greatly appreciated in advance.  Thanks for
> > any suggestions.   Dana
>
> OK, just to get our terminology in sync, the coin unit is on the
> bottom board and controls the number of players.  The player unit is
> in the head and controls the player-up, ball-in-play, and score
> reset.  It sounds like you are talking about the coin unit in your
> post, not the player unit, so what follows applies to the coin unit.
>
> If the coin unit reset really is working fine when you operate the
> subtract lever manually, then the problem is likely that the reset
> solenoid isn't getting a good solid electrical pulse at game start.
> Look on your schematic for the SUBTRACT COIN UNIT solenoid coil.  Then
> find the switches that pulse this coil on game reset - usually there
> is an S (start) relay switch, an AX (reset completed switch) and one
> or two score motor switches.  Clean and adjust all these switches -
> especially the score motor switches - to be sure the reset coil is
> getting good a strong electrical pulse.
>
> Good luck!    - TimMe (CARGPB3)

Still having problems with the coin stepper not resetting fully. I
have checked and cleaned motor contacts 1D, the AX relay, and the
start relay, but still having the same problems. Dana

Kerry Imming

On Feb 20, 6:33 pm, "d...@neb.rr.com" <d...@neb.rr.com> wrote:

> Still having problems with the coin stepper not resetting fully.  I
> have checked and cleaned motor contacts 1D, the AX relay, and the
> start relay, but still having the same problems.  Dana- Hide quoted text -

The COIN UNIT reset coil is controlled by
1. Make-break switch on U relay with Orange-Blue & Blue-Orange wires
2. SCORE MOTOR switch 1D with Blue-Orange & Green-Yellow wires
3. Normally Open swith on S relay with Green-Yellow and Red-White
wires

TimMe is right in that the pulse doesn't seem to be strong enough.
The S relay should stay pulled-in until the score motor rotates 1/3
rotation. You can manually actuate the S relay to make sure it holds
in (vs. dropping out right when you release it.)

If S is the problem, check the N.O. switch on S with Blue-White and
Maroon-Green wires.

- Kerry

On Feb 21, 6:16 pm, Kerry Imming <kerry.imm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 20, 6:33 pm, "d...@neb.rr.com" <d...@neb.rr.com> wrote:
>

> > Still having problems with the coin stepper not resetting fully.  I
> > have checked and cleaned motor contacts 1D, the AX relay, and the
> > start relay, but still having the same problems.  Dana- Hide quoted text -

> The COIN UNIT reset coil is controlled by
> 1. Make-break switch on U relay with Orange-Blue & Blue-Orange wires
> 2. SCORE MOTOR switch 1D with Blue-Orange & Green-Yellow wires
> 3. Normally Open swith on S relay with Green-Yellow and Red-White
> wires
>
> TimMe is right in that the pulse doesn't seem to be strong enough.
> The S relay should stay pulled-in until the score motor rotates 1/3
> rotation.  You can manually actuate the S relay to make sure it holds
> in (vs. dropping out right when you release it.)
>
> If S is the problem, check the N.O. switch on S with Blue-White and
> Maroon-Green wires.
>
> - Kerry

Thanks! Kerry, I will look at the S relay.
I did clean out the reset relay and replace the coil sleeve and had
the same end result.

Chris,
I did hook an alligator clip to the rabbit ear on the bounce switch
in the bottom of the cabinet and then hooked the other end of the clip
to the positive terminal on the reset coil of the stepper unit and it
did reset completely. Dana