Andre Gibson

3/23/2007 8:21:00 PM

Hi all

I am reviewing my application log in the windows2003 event viewer I am
getting the following warning regarding my sql server2000 installation and my
tape drive. Can anyone assist me in resolving this? I don't think its
anything critical by my log is filled with these warnings. Any help would be
appreciated, especially since the help link associated with the message is
useless.

Regards,

Andre

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
Event Category: (2)
Event ID: 17055
Date: 3/22/2007
Time: 9:03:26 AM
User: mydomain\sql1
Computer: SQL1
18275 :
Unnamed tape (Family ID: 0x74b3ba2e, sequence 1) dismounted from tape drive
'\\.\Tape0'.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/....
Data:
0000: 63 47 00 00 0a 00 00 00 cG......
0008: 0b 00 00 00 4b 00 52 00 ....K.R.
0010: 4f 00 4e 00 4f 00 53 00 O.N.O.S.
0018: 53 00 51 00 4c 00 31 00 S.Q.L.1.
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 ......
1 Answer

EMartinez

On Mar 23, 3:21 pm, Andre Gibson
<AndreGib...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am reviewing my application log in the windows2003 event viewer I am
> getting the following warning regarding my sql server2000 installation and my
> tape drive. Can anyone assist me in resolving this? I don't think its
> anything critical by my log is filled with these warnings. Any help would be
> appreciated, especially since the help link associated with the message is
> useless.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andre
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MSSQLSERVER
> Event Category: (2)
> Event ID: 17055
> Date: 3/22/2007
> Time: 9:03:26 AM
> User: mydomain\sql1
> Computer: SQL1
> 18275 :
> Unnamed tape (Family ID: 0x74b3ba2e, sequence 1) dismounted from tape drive
> '\\.\Tape0'.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center athttp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/....
> Data:
> 0000: 63 47 00 00 0a 00 00 00 cG......
> 0008: 0b 00 00 00 4b 00 52 00 ....K.R.
> 0010: 4f 00 4e 00 4f 00 53 00 O.N.O.S.
> 0018: 53 00 51 00 4c 00 31 00 S.Q.L.1.
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 ......

This article might explain the warning a little better.

http://sqlforums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=60&threadid=42918&ent...

Regards,

Enrique Martinez
Sr. SQL Server Developer