microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

change db name at runtime?

Test Test

3/22/2007 7:30:00 PM

I've this update sql statement which I want to run on 6 different dbs.
All dbs reside on the same server. Is there a way I can change the db
name at runtime? what I want is when I run the update on 1st db, it
should be connecting to next db upon the completion of 1st and then
connect to 3rd db (without me changing the db name). I am trying to
avoid changing the db name manually and run it again. Any help would be
appreciated!

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***
1 Answer

Codeman

"Test Test" wrote:

> I've this update sql statement which I want to run on 6 different dbs.
> All dbs reside on the same server. Is there a way I can change the db
> name at runtime? what I want is when I run the update on 1st db, it
> should be connecting to next db upon the completion of 1st and then
> connect to 3rd db (without me changing the db name). I am trying to
> avoid changing the db name manually and run it again. Any help would be
> appreciated!
>

> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

If the databases are on the same instance you can change the database with a
use
statement, for example:

Use DB1
Go