microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

AVISaveOptions dialog window size, adjustable?

Mike Scirocco

3/23/2012 11:28:00 PM

I have a program that saves images to an AVI file, and when I pop up the
dialog to let the user select what codec to use with AVISaveOptions, the
dialog is not wide enough to display all of the codec text. Is there any
way to adjust the width of this popup?

res = AVISaveOptions(...)
4 Answers

Dee Earley

On 23/03/2012 23:27, Mike S wrote:
> I have a program that saves images to an AVI file, and when I pop up the
> dialog to let the user select what codec to use with AVISaveOptions, the
> dialog is not wide enough to display all of the codec text. Is there any
> way to adjust the width of this popup?
>
> res = AVISaveOptions(...)

We found that dialog very inflexible and didn't let us filter the list
of codecs. We just rolled our own in the end so we could customise it.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

BeeJ

Go my attention.
So how do I get the codecs? and choose using your method?

--
Noah's Ark was built by amateurs,
The Titanic was built by professionals.

Dee Earley

On 26/03/2012 23:21, BeeJ wrote:
> Go my attention.
> So how do I get the codecs? and choose using your method?

Using the IC* group of APIs.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/deskto...(v=vs.85).aspx

I don't have any code that I'm allowed to share though.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team
http://www.icode.co.uk...

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

BeeJ

Thanks for your clue!

I now have a fully functional Video and Audio CodeDec source code
testbed app that I can incorporate.