microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

DTS package in SQL Server Management Studio

Noble Shore

3/21/2007 7:29:00 PM

I am trying to use SQL Server Management Studio to create a DTS
(.dtsx) package for a SQL Server 2005 database. Unfortunately, the
program that uses it complains that there are insufficient rights to
perform a "TRUNCATE TABLE" operation. One solution is to create the
DTS package using the sysadmin id.

I would like a solution that lets another id besides sysadmin be used
to create the DTS package. Please provide any insights. Thank you.

1 Answer

=== Steve L ===

On Mar 21, 12:28 pm, "Noble Shore" <noblesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use SQL Server Management Studio to create a DTS
> (.dtsx) package for a SQL Server 2005 database. Unfortunately, the
> program that uses it complains that there are insufficient rights to
> perform a "TRUNCATE TABLE" operation. One solution is to create the
> DTS package using the sysadmin id.
>
> I would like a solution that lets another id besides sysadmin be used
> to create the DTS package. Please provide any insights. Thank you.

what are the steps in ur dts package and the type of connection in the
package? (windows authentication or sql account) make sure the
account has permissions on SQL server to turncate a table in a
database (typically a dbo rights for a database).