microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Case insensitive for OpenXML

Kyle Alons

3/21/2007 2:21:00 PM

I found that OpenXML seems to be case sensitive,
it means that it cannot find match columnname if case is different.

Case-Sensitive is not good for me, I hope to set it up to case insensitive,
is it possible?

---Frank Lee, using SQL2005 development sp1

7 Answers

Mubashir Khan

XML is case sensitive ....

you may require to include some case insensitive SGML parser in your stored
procedures.

And i guess you may look for .net version and use .net to write procedures

"Mubashir Khan" <mubi@yahoo.com> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:OmYCH38aHHA.4888@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> XML is case sensitive ....
>
> you may require to include some case insensitive SGML parser in your
> stored procedures.
>
> And i guess you may look for .net version and use .net to write procedures

Thanks for your help.
I use a stupid way to solve XML case sensitive problem as followed,

1.Get all column names from the view INFORMATION_SCHEMA.Columns
2.Get only one column name each time by Cursor (@ColName=@ColName+'="')
3.Replace column names by using REPLACE function

Since REPLACE function is case insensitive when searching matched string,
all column names in XML would be replace to same column name with same case.

Thanks anyway.

---Frank Lee.

Scout

"GOP_Decline_and_Fall" <Dev@null.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 23:31:28 -0500, "Scout"
> <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>

>>"GOP_Decline_and_Fall" <Dev@null.net> wrote in message

>>> As much as you would like silence it's not going to happen.
>>

>>And GOPer unable to refute my points or defend his claims attempts to
>>change
>>the subject.
>>

> Oh yeah...refuting your bullshit is REALLY changing the subject...NOT

It certainly is. You're attempting to change it from what you are after to
the opinion of some judge who isn't here and can't be called on the debate
the issue here.

> http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/19/judge-strikes-down-pa-vot...
>
> On January 17th, 2014, a Pennsylvania judge struck down the state's
> voter ID law. In his detailed ruling, the Commonwealth Court Judge
> found that the PA voter ID law placed an undue burden on the people,
> negatively impacting the elderly, the disabled and the poor.
> The Judge issued a detailed ruling against the PA voter ID law.
>
> In his 103-page decision, Judge Bernard L. McGinley wrote:
>
> "Voting laws are designed to assure a free and fair election. The
> voter ID law does not further this goal."

Really?

Working to insure that the votes cast aren't fraudulent does noting to
assure a free and FAIR election?

Wasn't that hard to refute your judge, so now we're back to you and your
reasoning for why you wish to allow people to be able to engage in voter
fraud because it's so easy to do.

Klaus Schadenfreude

On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 19:21:40 -0800, GOP_Decline_and_Fall
<Dev@null.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:51:53 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
><KlausSchadenfreude@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:36:41 -0800, GOP_Decline_and_Fall
>><Dev@null.net> wrote:

>>>You make no sense.
>>>
>>>supporting measures that ensure fair and free elections as opposed to
>>
>>You don't.
>>
>>That's the problem. You admit there is fraud and you don't give a shit
>>if it continues or not.
>
>Utterly insignificant

See what I mean? You people just don't give a shit.

>and a preposterous pretext.

It's not a pretext.

>>Asking for ID is not a burden of any kind.
>
>It is for those who haven't got photo ID

No it is not. This is 2014. It's not 1814. We use photo ID's now. Get
one.

>Why not man up and admit you only want the rich voting?
>
>You are fooling nobody.

LOL

Even the poorest, dumbest liberals I know have a photo ID.

Is the pretext of your whining that the poor can't get a photo ID?

Really?

They're so poor and stupid that can't even identify themselves?

Then you're right. I don't want those people to vote. They're
children, and children shouldn't vote.

"Based on the stupid shit you post and your apalling [sic] lack of
education I'm sure your kids are dummer [sic] than sheep."
-Professor Deep Dudu

Klaus Schadenfreude

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:48:29 -0500, "Scout"
<me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:

>> Why not man up and admit you only want the rich voting?
>
>So only the rich have ID?
>
>That's pretty amazing. Can you produce support for that claim?
>
>Somehow, I'm thinking you can't.

The really amazing thing is that they can say this with a straight
face.

"Based on the stupid shit you post and your apalling [sic] lack of
education I'm sure your kids are dummer [sic] than sheep."
-Professor Deep Dudu

RD Sandman

GOP_Decline_and_Fall <Dev@null.net> wrote in

> On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 23:31:28 -0500, "Scout"
> <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net> wrote:
>

>>"GOP_Decline_and_Fall" <Dev@null.net> wrote in message

>>> As much as you would like silence it's not going to happen.
>>

>>And GOPer unable to refute my points or defend his claims attempts to
>>change the subject.
>>

> Oh yeah...refuting your bullshit is REALLY changing the subject...NOT
>

> http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/01/19/judge-strikes-down-pa...
> law/
>
> On January 17th, 2014, a Pennsylvania judge struck down the state?s
> voter ID law. In his detailed ruling, the Commonwealth Court Judge
> found that the PA voter ID law placed an undue burden on the people,
> negatively impacting the elderly, the disabled and the poor.
> The Judge issued a detailed ruling against the PA voter ID law.
>
> In his 103-page decision, Judge Bernard L. McGinley wrote:
>
> ?Voting laws are designed to assure a free and fair election. The
> voter ID law does not further this goal.?

It does for "fair". The folks in here are absolutely right when they
state that any fraudulent vote invalidates a lawful and legal vote.

> He also said the state failed to present evidence showing the law as
> necessary. Republicans across the country have claimed that voter ID
> laws are needed to prevent voter fraud, yet when asked to present
> evidence of this fraud, they consistently fail to produce any.

I don't make that claim. I simply feel that if we are to have full, fair
and free elections in this country, we should ensure that those folks who
do vote are eligible to do so.

What happens is that everyone kinda lets things slide between elections
and then whines about time to get the photo IDs done just before the
elections. If the folks doing the whining would simple aid the folks
that they are whining about between elections it would all be done by
2016. Instead they would rather sit on their collective asses and whine
about the fact that someone needs an ID to vote, while having no problem
if that same type ID is required to board a plane, cash a check, buy a
gun, etc..

--
Sleep well tonight.......

RD (The Sandman}

One bullet in the possession of a criminal is too many.....
Ten bullets in the possession of a mother trying to protect
her children....may not be enough.

---
http://www...

RD Sandman

> On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:51:53 -0800, Klaus Schadenfreude
> <KlausSchadenfreude@gmx.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:36:41 -0800, GOP_Decline_and_Fall
>><Dev@null.net> wrote:

>>>You make no sense.
>>>
>>>supporting measures that ensure fair and free elections as opposed to
>>
>>You don't.
>>
>>That's the problem. You admit there is fraud and you don't give a shit
>>if it continues or not.
>
> Utterly insignificant and a preposterous pretext.
>
>>Asking for ID is not a burden of any kind.
>
> It is for those who haven't got photo ID

Then get off your ass and help them get that ID.

> Why not man up and admit you only want the rich voting?

Why not man up and admit that you feel the subject is worth yelling about
on usenet but not worth doing anything about fixing the problems between
elections.

> You are fooling nobody.

You are fooling nobody.