sali

3/21/2007 7:34:00 AM

sql2000
entprs manager shows "created" date-time for stored procs.
is there some way to have also shown "modified" date-time, as in win
explorer for files?
this could help me to separate procs that are modified inlast time.

thnx

3 Answers

Tibor Karaszi

No, SQL Server 2000 doesn't keep track of that information.
(SQL Server 2005 does...)

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/d...

"sali" <sali@euroherc.hr> wrote in message news:eg6lxs4aHHA.5080@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> sql2000
> entprs manager shows "created" date-time for stored procs.
> is there some way to have also shown "modified" date-time, as in win explorer for files?
> this could help me to separate procs that are modified inlast time.
>

> thnx

EMartinez

On Mar 21, 2:42 am, "Tibor Karaszi"
<tibor_please.no.email_kara...@hotmail.nomail.com> wrote:
> No, SQL Server 2000 doesn't keep track of that information.
> (SQL Server 2005 does...)
>
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVPhttp://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asphttp://www.solidqualitylea...
>
> "sali" <s...@euroherc.hr> wrote in messagenews:eg6lxs4aHHA.5080@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> > sql2000
> > entprs manager shows "created" date-time for stored procs.
> > is there some way to have also shown "modified" date-time, as in win explorer for files?
> > this could help me to separate procs that are modified inlast time.
>
> > thnx

For future reference, in SQL Server 2005, here is how you would do it:

SELECT ROUTINE_NAME, LAST_ALTERED FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES
ORDER BY ROUTINE_NAME

Regards,

Enrique Martinez
Sr. SQL Server Developer

Tibor Karaszi

> For future reference, in SQL Server 2005, here is how you would do it:
>
> SELECT ROUTINE_NAME, LAST_ALTERED FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES
> ORDER BY ROUTINE_NAME

Just as an FYI for the original poster: Don't think that this returns altered date on 2000. If you
check out the source code for the view, you will see that creation data is returned as LAST_ALTERED:

EXEC master..sp_helptext 'INFORMATION_SCHEMA.ROUTINES'

--
http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tib...