microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Playing Video on Desktop

Abhishek

3/5/2012 8:41:00 PM

how to play Video on Desktop (inplace of wallpaper) like Vista's DreamScene.
i found one sample of PlanetSourceCode and it doesn work correctly on Vista
and 7. the video appears above the desktop Icons.

here is that code.
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=62581&am...

(in case anyone is running it remove the WinLogon part registrymod.bas or it
will mess up your startup settings)

thanks,
abhishek

11 Answers

Jeff L

On Apr 3, 10:33 am, Jinkii <Jink...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Yes the fact you have spyware on your desktop computer is hilarious,
> reminds me of the time a listener called the Jeremy Vine radio show on
> BBC Radio 2 to complain about the Swinger Site popups on BBC.co.uk,
> which were created by his lax security and surfing habits. Not the
> site he was visiting, do yourself a favour and download spybot search
> & destroy or similar application to stop these popups.
>
> Jinkii

Erm, the $cientology ads appearing on Enturb are actually appearing on
Enturb. They're not being caused by spyware; they're being caused by
poor keyword targeting from our good buddies at the Co$.

Anonology

On Apr 3, 4:03 pm, barb <xenub...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Jinkii wrote:
> > On 3 Apr, 15:21, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
> >> google ads.
> >> What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
> >> Very funny.
>
> > Yes the fact you have spyware on your desktop computer is hilarious,
> > reminds me of the time a listener called the Jeremy Vine radio show on
> > BBC Radio 2 to complain about the Swinger Site popups on BBC.co.uk,
> > which were created by his lax security and surfing habits. Not the
> > site he was visiting, do yourself a favour and download spybot search
> > & destroy or similar application to stop these popups.
>
> > Jinkii
>
> I've found Adaware will mop up what Spybot s&d misses. And vice versa.
>
> --
> Barb
> Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)
> It's Poodlin' Time!
>
> "I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
> so long as we don't step over the line. When religious worship and
> belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
> the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
> appropriate."
>
> --Robert Goff
> Professor Emeritus, UCSC

yup... Adaware, spybot s&d, and AVG antivirus (available free at
grisoft.com)
these are your trilogy of terror for popups, spam and viruses of all
sorts... AVG updates daily, and catches viruses that mcafee and norton
miss... these three together make your puter 99.999% bulletproof...

barb

Jinkii wrote:
> On 3 Apr, 15:21, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
>> google ads.
>> What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
>> Very funny.
>
> Yes the fact you have spyware on your desktop computer is hilarious,
> reminds me of the time a listener called the Jeremy Vine radio show on
> BBC Radio 2 to complain about the Swinger Site popups on BBC.co.uk,
> which were created by his lax security and surfing habits. Not the
> site he was visiting, do yourself a favour and download spybot search
> & destroy or similar application to stop these popups.
>
> Jinkii

I've found Adaware will mop up what Spybot s&d misses. And vice versa.

--
Barb
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)
It's Poodlin' Time!

?I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
so long as we don?t step over the line. When religious worship and
belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
appropriate.?

--Robert Goff
Professor Emeritus, UCSC

husk

On Apr 3, 10:21 am, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
> google ads.
> What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
> Very funny.

People, you are missing the point. The ads were not in separate
windows, the ads were on the enturbulation page.

Anonology

On Apr 3, 8:02 pm, h...@mailinator.com wrote:
> On Apr 3, 10:21 am, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
> > google ads.
> > What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
> > Very funny.
>
> People, you are missing the point.  The ads were not in separate
> windows, the ads were on the enturbulation page.

yah, theyre all over the net... if you have google toolbar it will
track your usage and tell the server which ads to serve you... or
sometimes it serves the same ad to everyone based on the keywords on
the page...

either way, every time you click it costs the cult a dime, as long as
you don't click the same ad too many times...

Jinkii

On 4 Apr, 01:02, h...@mailinator.com wrote:
> On Apr 3, 10:21 am, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
> > google ads.
> > What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
> > Very funny.
>
> People, you are missing the point. The ads were not in separate
> windows, the ads were on the enturbulation page.

Never had a single popup on enturbulation, sorry if i misunderstood.

Jinkii

dharmasatya

On Apr 3, 9:34 pm, Jinkii <Jink...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 4 Apr, 01:02, h...@mailinator.com wrote:
>
> > On Apr 3, 10:21 am, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
> > > google ads.
> > > What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
> > > Very funny.
>
> > People, you are missing the point. The ads were not in separate
> > windows, the ads were on the enturbulation page.
>
> Never had a single popup on enturbulation, sorry if i misunderstood.
>
> Jinkii

I believe they are referring to the "google ad" bar that you get...
with the teeny-tiny blue links that are ads....

I don't see them. since I install Adaware and don't tend to see
anything but the content of page, so I'm just going by what I remember
of the net before I got that nice little plug-in/add-on through
Mozilla.

Hubbard_Ship_of_fools

On Apr 3, 6:20 pm, Anonology <shroomiga...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 8:02 pm, h...@mailinator.com wrote:
>
> > On Apr 3, 10:21 am, haxo...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Heres a good one. I was on the eturb site yesterday, an they have
> > > google ads.
> > > What pops up on top of the forum? A COS google ad!
> > > Very funny.
>
> > People, you are missing the point.  The ads were not in separate
> > windows, the ads were on the enturbulation page.
>
> yah, theyre all over the net... if you have google toolbar it will
> track your usage and tell the server which ads to serve you... or
> sometimes it serves the same ad to everyone based on the keywords on
> the page...
>
> either way, every time you click it costs the cult a dime, as long as
> you don't click the same ad too many times...

We all know the cult does not pay it's bills.

Jinkii

On 4 Apr, 02:44, dharmasa...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Apr 3, 9:34 pm, Jinkii <Jink...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > > People, you are missing the point. The ads were not in separate
> > > windows, the ads were on the enturbulation page.
>
> > Never had a single popup on enturbulation, sorry if i misunderstood.
>
> > Jinkii
>
> I believe they are referring to the "google ad" bar that you get...
> with the teeny-tiny blue links that are ads....
>
> I don't see them. since I install Adaware and don't tend to see
> anything but the content of page, so I'm just going by what I remember
> of the net before I got that nice little plug-in/add-on through
> Mozilla.

CustomizeGoogle for Firefox when properly configured will stop all
these Ads from Google sidebars, NoScript will stop them placing their
Tracking Cookies google-analytics and google-syndication on your
computer to track where on the internet you go to. if they want us to
do their market research for them we should get paid for carrying
these files.

Jinkii

scientology_is_a_scam

On Apr 4, 9:51 pm, Jinkii <Jink...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 4 Apr, 02:44, dharmasa...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > Never had a single popup on enturbulation, sorry if i misunderstood.
>
> > > Jinkii
>
> > I believe they are referring to the "google ad" bar that you get...
> > with the teeny-tiny blue links that are ads....
>
> > I don't see them. since I install Adaware and don't tend to see
> > anything but the content of page, so I'm just going by what I remember
> > of the net before I got that nice little plug-in/add-on through
> > Mozilla.
>
> CustomizeGoogle for Firefox when properly configured will stop all
> these Ads from Google sidebars, NoScript will stop them placing their
> Tracking Cookies google-analytics and google-syndication on your
> computer to track where on the internet you go to. if they want us to
> do their  market research for them we should get paid for carrying
> these files.
>
> Jinkii- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the tip.