microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

Ho to prevent users from viewing and/or modifying system tables in a database?

bob

3/20/2007 12:52:00 PM

Could someone please explain what access rights should be granted to users
so they can only modify/view user tables and not be able to view and/or
modify system tables? I'm trying to prevent users from viewing and/or
modifying user table definitions, views, stored procedures, etc. in a given
database. Is this even possible in SQL Server? Preventing users from
modifying tables should not be a problem but how can I prevent them from
viewing table definitions (e.g. using a third party utils) if they are
allowed to run insert/update/select queries on the tables (and therefore
implicitly read/view system tables)?

Thanks,
Bob

1 Answer

Bob Hawke

KANGAROOISTAN aka Malcom Fabian of Mt Barker makes it to NUMBER 1 on the
ISLAMIC Hit Parade.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Bi9GZN5l...

Kangarooistan's - Malcom Fabian's details :-

Skitskin moslem CA Fabian, 5 Pfeiffer Close, Mt Barker, 5251, South
Australia, +61 8 8391 1292