benita ron

2/27/2012 6:06:00 PM

I have found a VB6 application that contains a form and a usercontrol,
that work well.

I want to import both the Usercontrol and the form to another
application but get an error with the form ("should reference the
UC...") although the UC has been imported

It's the first time that I deal with UC and it seem that I don't
understand the concept

Any help

Avi
3 Answers

MikeD

"benita ron" <benita.ron@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have found a VB6 application that contains a form and a usercontrol,
> that work well.
>
> I want to import both the Usercontrol and the form to another
> application but get an error with the form ("should reference the
> UC...") although the UC has been imported
>
> It's the first time that I deal with UC and it seem that I don't
> understand the concept

Well, you don't really "import" anything. Just add each module to your
project. Be sure to add the UserControl first. If you still have problems,
post the EXACT and COMPLETE error that VB is giving you. It's possible that
the UserControl has references to something else (another module or perhaps
a library) that you must also add.

--
Mike

Dee Earley

On 27/02/2012 18:06, benita ron wrote:
> I have found a VB6 application that contains a form and a usercontrol,
> that work well.
>
> I want to import both the Usercontrol and the form to another
> application but get an error with the form ("should reference the
> UC...") although the UC has been imported

The project name is part of the reference in the frm file contents.
Make sure you change that to match the new project name, and add the
user control first.

--
Deanna Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)

unknown

"benita ron" <benita.ron@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have found a VB6 application that contains a form and a usercontrol,
> that work well.
>
> I want to import both the Usercontrol and the form to another
> application but get an error with the form ("should reference the
> UC...") although the UC has been imported
>
> It's the first time that I deal with UC and it seem that I don't
> understand the concept

Besides what others suggested, make sure that you copy the FRX and CTX files
along with the FRM and CTL files. These files contain property values that
contain binary data, such as the Picture property. Try viewing a FRM file in
Notepad and search for FRX to see which property is reliant on the FRX file.